PDA

View Full Version : deliberately get corrupted

Giasone
06-10-2008, 10:24 PM
today i was playing with an human farmer, when i entered in VD:1 i found a corruption trap... then i decided to try to activate it to gain immediatly a couple of corruption and play for some minute... unfortunately first corruption was astral plane ==> random teleport, without tc, so it became a little difficult, but at the same time kinda funny... did u ever tried this?

Elone
06-10-2008, 11:11 PM
It will be funny in the beginning, but you'll either abandon this character soon, or it will die as quickly as any other. People dont try getting corruptions so early in the game. There's enough time for corruptions. In the beginning, there's not enough means to fight the unneccessary corruptions. Start another character.

Grey
06-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Your best hope in my opinion is to go to PC5 and keep killing monsters till some blinkies show up. A farmer would likely die quickly though.

Sometimes an early corruption can mean early PV or something else to give a little handy survivability. Many of them make the game completely unplayable though - not worth the risk in my books. If you want a more powerful character then just spend some patient time on the easy levels building up xp and eq.

gut
06-11-2008, 02:18 AM
I've tried playing around with early corruptions. There is a guaranteed
corruption trap in the pyramid, and it doesn't take to long for a wizard
to get to exp. level 13, using the BUGWIL. Most of the time it gave no
benefit, but getting 'acid breath' is a cool PP's free attack, and is also
a substitute for stomachemptia. There are a few more cool ones like
'thin and nimble' and 'scales', but you need some moss though, to fully
enjoy the 'scales'.

PeanutGod
06-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Mana Absorption corruption is one I'll always try and get if I'm playing a wizard. Help's out a fair bit, and the odds of gettng a WoW are low anyway.

warheart
06-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, although some corruptions might be even good in the early game, that's something I'd never do (unless playing a kind of challenge game involving early corruption). Just imagine geting poisoned hands, that could kill any low level character easily.

Shadow_2014
06-11-2008, 10:25 PM
When I first started playing I liked to play around with corruptions to see what would happen, but as soon as I found out (the hard way) about the Poisoned Hands corruption, I stopped. It's definitely not worth it unless you've just started the character and simply want to screw around. Obviously not the kind of thing you want to do if your aim is to beat the game.