PDA

View Full Version : Spellbook Frequency

FantomFang
06-12-2008, 07:32 PM
I was just wondering, I know its been explored before, but what did it seem like the relative frequency of spellbooks being dropped was for different classes? Because I was playing a Bard, and before I died, I had explored quite a few places and done quite a few things, and only received ONE spellbook.

Nezur
06-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Wizards, priests, druids, and necromancers are more likely to find spellbooks. The chance is tenfold compared to the other classes. I'm not aware of other class-specific modifiers.

reich
06-12-2008, 08:43 PM
That's one aspect of ADoM I really don't like! I think item generation chances should be even between classes. Most warrior types are too dumb to learn a spell anyway, so normal spellbook frequency would not unbalance the game IMO.

(goddamn Austria - Poland 1:1:mad:)

Maul
06-12-2008, 08:50 PM
^Especially with the last one - the penalty - basically being illegal:mad:

FantomFang
06-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Soccer, eh? I don't really watch it, although I'm a referee as a part-time job (great money btw, compared to the other possibilities, like McDonald's, ugh). I can't really get into watching it like I can other sports, although its so much fun to play.

*hijacks own thread*

Silfir
06-12-2008, 10:10 PM
The way I saw it, the penalty was fine. Austria deserved it considering the clear offside situation that created the Polish goal. Don't worry - they'll receive a beating from my guys next Monday.

reich
06-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Don't worry - they'll receive a beating from my guys next Monday.

From Podolski :D