PDA

View Full Version : So Painful...

Shadow_2014
06-12-2008, 10:05 PM
So I've got this Drakeling Necromancer that I'm really starting to enjoy, I kill the Sheriff for fun and to get a Blessed Obsidian Amulet, I figure I'll get real evil, real fast. I get the Druid Quest so I can go kill the Healer and gain the healing ability the Chaotic way.

I've got a couple nice spells, and I keep trying on new equipment to identify it. Well, a couple floors before I get to the carpenter, I put on a girdle which ends up being cursed. Oh well, no biggie. The next door I kick down burns up my armor, and I can't equip anything because of that damn girdle. Okay, I guess I'll just stick to spells. I finally get to the Carpenter's level with my army of minions, and notice a certain tension. With my lack of armor and limited spells, I'll have to be careful.

Next, I take a few steps and land on a teleportation trap which brings me face to face with the carpenter. Hmm, I could probably still save him and get his equipment to sell or whatever. So, I switch to Coward and with my 110 speed shouldn't have a problem. Now I just have to figure out which way to go, since I'm at the opposite side of the dungeon and there's nothing mapped out in between. The first door I open is a tension room of Chaos Brothers and Sisters. I'm level 5 and unarmored, so I start firing Frost Bolt at the Carpenter while I'm being raped by Chaos Monks.

I use two prayers, finally kill the Carpenter, start running, and one of the Sisters manages to catch up despite my speed. Once she kills me I look at my inventory, and it turns out those boots I found a few floors up were Seven League Boots. Grrr.

Silfir
06-13-2008, 11:17 AM
That really is painful. But you have to admit, trying to save the carpenter without decent armor is pretty damn risky.

reich
06-13-2008, 03:45 PM
The first door I open is a tension room of Chaos Brothers and Sisters. I'm level 5 and unarmored, so I start firing Frost Bolt at the Carpenter while I'm being raped by Chaos Monks.

Maybe you should have started bolting the chaos dudes instead? You would have gotten lots of xps from them and probably advance some levels and get more HPs? At lev 5 you don't need that much to go up.

FantomFang
06-13-2008, 05:05 PM
I've had scary experiences running into the chaos peoples earlier on in the game. Like, finding a Chaos Sister w/150 speed around DD2. Thanks RNG.

Shadow_2014
07-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah, in retrospect it would have been good to kill the Chaos Monks, but I couldn't really afford to have the carpenter killing me from behind. I've never experienced meeting them so early in the game, so I just panicked.