PDA

View Full Version : Hurtling Bard

Giasone
06-14-2008, 04:44 PM
i'm playing an hurtling bard, level 21, i saved Kelly, and accidentally killed the master assassin(i notice a dagger... identified it was Needle... probably i killed an afraid assassin without notice it :-P )... i have some problem with golem steel so i prefere wait for darkforge, going down in CoC and reached Banshee level, (i only passed water temple, didn't digged to face Snake from Beyond ), from the other side i don't know if i'm able to get RoHH because i haves some problem with doppleangers... any suggest on what to do?
i have another question: is there a way to avoid my stat drained by stat drainers facing them in melee? i'm good in throw rocks but i'm more good in face-to-face combat...

Nezur
06-14-2008, 06:53 PM
i have another question: is there a way to avoid my stat drained by stat drainers facing them in melee? i'm good in throw rocks but i'm more good in face-to-face combat...

I'm pretty sure all incapacitating methods work. Blind, confuse, paralyze or stun them. I think darkness works for the foes who cannot see in darkness.

gut
06-14-2008, 09:32 PM
> i don't know if i'm able to get RoHH because i haves some problem
> with doppleangers...

Confusion is irritating, but it's not a death sentence.
You can use the command to clean your 'E'ars, instead
of stumbling off the ice bridge. I think you should get
the Water Orb next. No monster in the Water temple can
see in the dark, so you should be OK, even if you only
have one scroll. The Wi +10 that it gives should help
out a lot with confusion resistance. (Haven't you used
herbs to get the Wi stat to ~26 yet?)

> is there a way to avoid my stat drained by stat drainers

I don't think blindness works on undead monsters, but
I'm not 100% sure about that. The other confusion
methods should work fine. Most undead do not see invis,
and you can bolt them (with a wand if needed) without
giving away your position. Unfortunately, melee and
missiles do allow them to see you.

Timpak
06-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Oh man if I managed to save Khelly with a hurthling bard I would 'Q'uit if I accidentally killed the master assassin. Perfect shot for an ultra ending.

meh
06-15-2008, 09:48 AM
If I play a melee character, which I do most of the time, then I attack most undeads head on without any extra tricks. If low level monsters like shadows manage to drain you more then once or twice throughout the entire game, then it's not much of a melee char to begin with. Vampires are a bit trickier, but thankfully quite uncommon. I usually just take them down with missiles.

The real trouble are monsters that can drain you without needing a successful hit to do so. The greater demon in dwarftown for instance can be very dangerous. It drains you from a distance and can teleport away when you close in for the kill. I usually avoid it completely unless I really want the quest reward. Use any dirty trick at your disposal to tackle such monsters. Don't be afraid to use up potions/scrolls/wands as there are not many places where you'll need them more.

Giasone
06-15-2008, 11:29 AM
ok, a little update:
got the RoHK
found Blup's mummy
killed the banshee
robbed Darkforge

now i'm going to do water temple, then i'll do the fire temple...