PDA

View Full Version : Amulet of Protection from Undead + Holy Symbol

electric_wizard
06-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Has anything been written regarding the combination of an amulet of Protection from Undead and a holy symbol in the tool slot? I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain that the holy symbol improves the effectiveness of the amulet, especially if both items are blessed.

I first noticed it playing a mid level hurthling bard character (i think) crossing the underground graveyard. I had both aforementioned items blessed and equipped (not deliberately, I just did) and made it through most of the graveyard without any stat drains or even any confusion. For reasons I can't recall I replaced the cross with another tool and immediately started getting whacked with confusion left right and center. I replaced the cross and all was good again.

It could be a coincidence, but ever since I seem to have used the combination with quite some success.

Has anyone else noticed this connection?

quik
06-20-2009, 10:41 AM
A question... What does the amulet of protection from undead/constructs actually do?

RndmNumGenerator
06-20-2009, 04:22 PM
A question... What does the amulet of protection from undead/constructs actually do?

As far as I know, nobody actually knows what they do. I suppose of the Amulet of Protection from Undead reduced the chance of their special attacks effecting you, that's understandable, but what would it do for constructs? As far as I'm aware, Grues are the only constructs with special attacks.

Soirana
06-20-2009, 05:26 PM
undead protection surely stops banshee from instakilling... I would not call few hundreds damage much better, but that is at least clear result. [and gives extra message according my notes...]

_Ln_
06-20-2009, 06:31 PM
As far as I know, nobody actually knows what they do. I suppose of the Amulet of Protection from Undead reduced the chance of their special attacks effecting you, that's understandable, but what would it do for constructs? As far as I'm aware, Grues are the only constructs with special attacks.

Well, clay golems slow and living walls (or wall beasts, but surely one of them) drain St. I don't know whether ASB is considered a construct, but maybe he is.