PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried this?

Congnito
03-10-2008, 12:34 AM
I've played ADOM alot and was just having a little fun the other day playing a healer when i found a fortune cookie giving the message "They say that the guild of industrious brutal muggers writes really confusing manuals." and it occured to me that perhaps giving the IBM manual scroll to the head of the theives guild may provide some reward... Ive not tried this as such as its an exreemly rare item and i dont have any save chars that i could load up with a wish >.< just seeing if anyone has tried this? :P

spectre
03-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Damn, there's no spoiler tag yet, so I'll stick with the good ole spoiler space

!SPOILER INBOUND!:

IIRC giving it to anyone does not do anything.
The IBM manual still confuses permanently when read, as the cookie suggests, (or for a long enogh period to count for the same). Praying to gods helps.

Dougy
03-10-2008, 03:03 AM
You could make a challange game from that manual. (:

ZeroTheBird
03-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Challenge:
Complete the game while confused from reading the IBM manual.

If its possible or not idk.

Baranor
03-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Assuming you can eat and navigate in the wilderness, it's probably possible, but it would just take an unbelievably long time randomly stumbling through the game. I don't know if it would be worth the challenge.

Shardphoenix
03-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Assuming you can eat and navigate in the wilderness, it's probably possible, but it would just take an unbelievably long time randomly stumbling through the game. I don't know if it would be worth the challenge.
You`ll end up turned into writhing mass of primal chaos.

Epythic
03-11-2008, 02:23 PM
You`ll end up turned into writhing mass of primal chaos.

Sure? No, you are not. Thats what challenges are about :P