06-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Ok here is my char
level 11 ranger at the dwarf town with thundrar
need a ghost to kill for thundrar
weapon is two handed sword of parrying (+4, 3d5+3) [+16, 0]

got great skills and decent stats
Huge horrible thing about this char, he is cursed
Huge great thing about this char, he has 2 blessed seven league boots
The question is what do I do? I am thinking of farming items in the big room to sacrifice till the god cures my curse, but the enemies get stronger and stronger till I die. I could advance, but then I generate dungions with low chances for shops, pools, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Silfir
06-21-2008, 08:56 PM
You have found the si, correct? Remember that you can sell them for gold to use on piety. Scumming the big room is probably not a bad idea. Ghosts are rather common (which for once will come in handy), so you won't have to waste much time there. Don't worry too much about the cursing though - it's not good, but it sure as hell doesn't suck nearly as much as dooming (which is indeed a "huge horrible thing" - cursing is only a "pretty bad thing" in my book).

Your sword is pretty awesome. I'd exchange it for an eternium two-hander later if possible. You're well endowed with blessed seven leagues, so it might pay off to learn to use them to fight enemies without getting hit, in which case the awesome damage of twohanded weapons will be good to use.

Nezur
06-21-2008, 09:24 PM
If you haven't found a randomly generated altar you could try luring monsters to the Dwarftown altar for livesacs.

Siriah
06-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Hanging around in the Big Room for a while is a good idea. As long as you don't let breeders and summoners get out of hand it's an excellent place to train your weapon skills, gain experience and gather herbs at the same time. Don't let the cursing keep you from exploring though, it's just a little bit of bad luck, which you can get just as well when you're not cursed (although it might be a good idea to use ranged attacks on anything nasty, just in case).

Silfir
06-21-2008, 11:04 PM
The guidebook states that luring too many hostiles into Dwarftown will make the dwarves hostile, so it might not be that good of an idea.