PDA

View Full Version : Don't make the same mistake twice.

Gnoll cheiftan
03-10-2008, 07:02 AM
I've been playing adom for about two years now and there are many balance issues that need correcting I was hoping they would be corrected by jade. One of the biggest balance issue that isn't a bug as far as I can tell, is that the chance to raise an attribute is gained by the current value of that attribute not the unmodified value. This allows you to abuse corruptions and sickness to make your pc stronger for example if your toughness is 25 you can no longer increase toughness by eating herbs, however if you got sick and lowered your To with corruption you could lower it to 20 raise it to 25 with herbs then remove the corruption and sickness giving you 30 To. The most absurd thing is using a ring of weakness to raise strength to 99 easily. It would be much better in jade if raising an attribute was based off the unmodified values of the attributes and not the current values and as for ADOM I don't know if you can or will fix this, but at the very least could you remove the ring of weakness?

Dougy
03-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Sounds good to me. Perhaps instead the ring could constantly abuse the St attribute.

Macros
03-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I agree. It reminds me Adom 1.0.0 when you could raise all your stats to 99 just by eating corpses from bug temple. Anyway, idea is good.

Perhaps instead the ring could constantly abuse the St attribute.

I think that ring is fine as it's now, the problem is with stats gaining. I believe that RoW was supposed to be penalty for player for putting on unidentified rings(which can be deadly for PC which is carrying lot of stuff).

Baranor
03-10-2008, 04:50 PM
I was curious how everyone got to 99 St. I can get myself usually into the 40's and 50's but there are all these posted with super high Strength. I think using penalties like the weakness and sickness is kind of cheeseball. I would agree that it should change in Jade, but in most games there are people who try to "break" it by doing things that are according to the rules, but perhaps not intended that way.

ZeroTheBird
03-12-2008, 09:54 AM
I agree. if its not removed he can atleast fix it so you cant get 99 strength with the ring.