PDA

View Full Version : What should I do next?

RFP
06-28-2008, 03:07 PM
I started playing Adom, again after stopping for some months, I never won the game but some times I was close. I started this new attempt as an hurthling assassin, and while I still remembered many things from my previous games, I am now a bit lost about what I should do next.

My problem is that it is now past day 90 and I have yet to pass Khelly, I want to save him, because I think I will need his SoCR but I have not found an AoLS nor the means to wish for one. I already went to darkforge but the pools didn't help me, and I don't know what is the best thing I can do now.

There is a ring shop in the UD at level 2, I thought about increasing the danger level but I haven't found any scroll of danger, I also thought about simply killing everything I could find in the Tomb of the High Kings and hope some monster drops anything useful but I am worried with the corruption I would get, I have two RotF so I could visit Shyssiryxius but I don't know if i am strong enough to survive the monsters in her lair.

Also I made a small mistake and now the entire living forest is hostile, I'm not sure how I am going to get to Khelly again.

My character is a level 19 hurthling assassin L+, I have the ankh, the ancient mummy wrapping, the elemental gauntlets, the Ring of High Kings, Moon Sickle, The Far Slayer (pre-crowning), and Serpent's Bite (crowning), and probably some other artifact i'm forgetting. I have two rings of ice, one ring of teleport control, one ring of invisibility, one helmet of teleportation, and several hundred uncursed herbs among other things.

I would like to thank you all for your time and to apologize for all this text and any mistake in my English.

FantomFang
06-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Woo, I'm back from Mexico! Yay for being able to drink the water! ......

Now back to more related matters...You should try the graveyard. I've found that digging up the Great Treasures graves works pretty well, even though it'll bring a Lich, Lich King, Lich Emperor, as long as you have blessed undead slaying ammo and good to-hit. Only takes 2 hits at the most, usually one. The treasure you get from all the graves will serve you well anyways (most likely) and there is always the possibility of a WoWi.

Also, search the Water Dragon Cave. If you find an Ordinary Ring, or a wand you think might be a WoWi (or any other really nice stuff), Consider picking up the stuff and then running. Teleport is great for that, if you have it yet. But be careful, Blup's mom can hurt. ALOT. And some of the water monsters can hurt (had a promising bard killed by a Greater Water ELemental there not too long ago, while in your exact same position).

Grey
06-28-2008, 03:18 PM
I would never have guessed you weren't fluent in English if you hadn't said so...

Anyway, you're obviously doing well. Serpent's Bite and Far Slayer are both great to have. What sort of stats do you have now?

I'd personally say just let him die. You can get scrolls from the Mad Minstrel if you visit the Rift and get the weird tome (spend 2000 turns there with 100 stealth and no chatting). There's more scrolls to be had from the bug temple if you need to brave it late game. The unicorn can clean all your corruption before leaving the chain too. Since it's past day 90 it's generally best not to hang around too long in highly corrupting areas, but overall it's quite manageable.

I'd say give up on Khelly and go lay waste to the Water Temple, followed by the Tower of Eternal Flames - you have the equipment to do both without too much hassle I imagine. If you really want to save him then spend some time in the High Kings cavern levels pickpocketing and killing monsters - a RoDS will come eventually. Corruption will be insignificant considering the rewards you'll get.

Subconscious
06-28-2008, 04:19 PM
You made mistake by running around such long time.
I have almost never passed the 90 day "limit" but I know that the so called "limit" is'nt so terrible - you have to descend to the lower parts of the CoC and there the corruption is bad either way, with or without the "limit".

Meh.... Personally I let him die most of the time, you will surely stumble upon SoCR and such in the areas with higher danger level. And If you play the casual-gate-closing-ending you wont really need that much chaos Resistance.

There is always the unicorn's quest if you want to clear yourself from the corruption before tackling Mana temple or D: 50 or if you just want to have better score when you finish the game .

I have never understood the damn ranking and score stuff, the main thing of this game is the immersion. After finishing great game (from my opinion) I wouldnt want to hear somebody saying to me things like: "OMG you suck, I bet I can get better SCOOREEE"

RFP
06-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks everyone, when I play again, I will try digging the Great Treasures graves and then I will visit Shyssiryxius' Lair, if after that I still don't have the AoLS then I will let Khelly die and hope that I won't need his SoCR.

Silfir
06-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Use wands of digging to dig up graves, and keep teleport ready in case you meet an emperor lich or king.

ular
06-29-2008, 05:47 AM
You can also try buying out the ring shop and see what comes from a restock. Not the best solution, but you might get lucky.

Silfir
06-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Ring shop on D:2 is very unlikely to yield something useful to him at this point.