PDA

View Full Version : Diablo III announced

Silfir
06-30-2008, 01:19 AM
http://www.blizzard.com

FantomFang
06-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Saw it, should be fun. Too bad WoW rules their world though, I would love to see a Warcraft 4...

M_bowwarrior
06-30-2008, 07:31 PM
never mind, I prefer supreme commander or starcraft 2 :)

rmcin329
07-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Have a link to any starcraft 2 videos?

Silfir
07-01-2008, 02:44 PM
How about www.starcraft2.com? It brings you the Starcraft 2 homepage, and there's at least two gameplay videos (one Terran, one Protoss), a trailer with some dumb space marine guy, and a totally awesome Zerg trailer.

Needless to say, I'm absolutely thrilled about that one, too... And Warcraft IV would also be awesome, naturally. Wouldn't make sense for them to work on two RTSes at the same time, though - after Starcraft 2, there's going to be an expansion for that first before they start work on the next RTS. Plus, they're currently continuing the Warcraft storyline with expansions for WoW, and as long as that thing is still going strong, I think it will remain so for a while. Still, considering it takes up to five years for a Blizzard game to finish, I'd wager that they'll start Warcraft IV development right after the expansion for Starcraft 2 has been completed. In any case, we won't see a Warcraft IV until 2013 or something, so it's better to forget about it for a while (or wait for the first Starcraft 2 mod that takes place in the Warcraftverse :D )

Silfir
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
A disproportionally large number of Diablo 2 haters on this forum... I'd like to know which games do not suck if Diablo 2 sucks? The only reason I can think of is that for these people the entire Action RPG genre sucks, which is probably not a rare sentiment among avid "pure" RPGers.

omega_red
07-02-2008, 03:25 PM
I personally like to hack'n'slash for a while sometimes just for the heck of it and I hope D3 will be good for this. And I consider myself fan of good cRPGs, like Torment ;)

Silfir
07-02-2008, 03:43 PM
I feel similarly, though many of the cRPGs don't really ring with me well - they lack the randomness of Diablo 2 (to some extent - you don't fight the same monsters, you don't explore the same levels, and most importantly you find a wide variety of items) or ADOM to me.

FantomFang
07-03-2008, 04:07 AM
Diablo 2 was a good game, but it had its own problems (the uber-grindage of single player later on, the more difficult access to the best equipment for your class, due to reliance on rare droppage)

I think though, that when it comes to the Action RPG genre/Hack n'Slash genre, I'd rather play BG: Dark's Alliance, or the Tales games.