PDA

View Full Version : Not exactly an YASD

Flammeus
07-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Last night I was playing the character of my life. A level 19 High Elven paladin who had been precrowned with the Purifier, and crowned with The Sun's Messenger. I had also managed to pacify the big room for herbs galore and pump my stats to late 20's.

I had just made a trip to Dark Forge and received a wish, which I used for an Aols (as I had pretty much every thing I needed, including 7lb's and some smithed up <foo>'s of regeneration).

Well things were going smoothly as I was descending down to the the depths of CoC, when suddenly the game just crashed, without any real reason to... Sigh, guess I'm just not destined to beat this game ever. (Yeah, I realize I still had some way to go, but this one showed promise... The Sun's Messenger made life easy).

RIP High Elven Paladin (named "orc" for *some* reason :P)

Silfir
07-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Mega-Ouch. What a sad way to go. Which version of ADOM do you use?

Flammeus
07-05-2008, 05:27 AM
I was playing the latest linux version. And the game did prompt some weird error message (something that has to do with sudoku's I believe :P), but at the time this happened I was too annoyed to make a note of it.

Oh well, on to an another character!

Silfir
07-05-2008, 09:20 AM
That's strange. The Linux versions are supposed to be the "natural" ADOM versions, all the others are ports from it.

Ars
07-05-2008, 10:25 PM
I've had a Linux ADOM game crash too, once.