PDA

View Full Version : Great games you've been playing/played!

Tnx
07-06-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm just wondering what games have drawn you in for awhile and that you would recommend to others..

I'm playing Dominions 3, Unreal World (Planning to buy the 3 dollar version)
A game I used to play that was pretty fun was Notrium, that was alot of good time spent.

Silfir
07-07-2008, 05:32 PM
I just checked out the Dominions 3 demo... Seems like it could be called Fantasy: Total war instead. Pretty cool though.

I'd like to name a game series that I played a lot in my childhood (starting from 1993, I completed my first around 2002), kept playing throughout the years, and of which I only completed the last part last year (2007). It's a German 2D Action-Adventure series called "The Game of ROBOT", or just ROBOT. It consisted of the parts I to IV and the "ROBOT Junior" part, a freeware ROBOT game that was a lot shorter than the other parts and supposed to show off what ROBOT is all about. The first part was created 1988, with the last part being produced in 1992. The game was developed by only two, later three guys, making it an indie title by today's standards.

The "action" part of the game were the repeated battles with the robots that gave the game its name. They followed extremely simple walking patterns ("Move and kill") and would willingly walk into electric fences (a common object in the game that is lethal to anything that enters it) if you were behind it, which was your main way of defeating them until you found the slingshot and ammunition for it - though they could be killed in other ways, some of which required pretty enormous skill in controlling your "hero" (some guy representing you who did not receive a name until the last part). The "adventure" part was the exploration of the environment, the solving of puzzles and the wise use of the many, many items you found during the games - acid flasks that could destroy certain kinds of walls, magnets that could influence "arrow tiles", garlic to repel the various robots for a short time, blue overalls to push electric fences around, even letters to write out magic spells with...

The games were mostly entirely non-linear - you could explore the levels and the story (told mainly through the setting, Robot III and IV featured EXCELLENT settings, involving and mysterious) in any way you wanted, and subsequently spent HOURS just searching for clues how to advance, and then more hours solving the puzzles...

There was an english version once, but sadly I think it's been discontinued, and today's versions are fully German. Still, the Games of ROBOT deserve a mention, because these are extremly obscure, but also extremely well-done games I still love to play to this day even though I know them in and out.

mdrew93
07-10-2008, 03:25 AM
I like Heroes of Might and Magic ii and iii. i haven't tried any of the newer ones yet. I also like Age of Empires. I have I and II but III wont run on my ancient computer.

Silfir
07-10-2008, 08:00 AM
No loss. The third part sucks...

Shadow_2014
07-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Heroes V is pretty much Heroes III with 3D graphics. I thuroughly enjoy it, but it won't run on my god(s) forsaken Dell.

Subconscious
07-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Lately I have been playing mostly Chess, Heroes of M&M V, Adom and such.

Chess is wonderfull game if you get inside the all neat techniques in it, Im bit disapointed how people refer to chess as boring or nerdy. I play chess almost all the time. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

HoMM V is a game I play occassionally. Sometimes you feel like "omg gotta play HoMM asap!! asdasdasd" and all the rest time you feel you wouldnt touch it even with a stick. Its pretty addictive but you cant play it very long at the time.
BTW get Tribes of The East exp. - Gives lots of new tactical units etc.

Well Adom is Adom and Zlatan is Zlatan. Cant describe better but Adom is the perfect RPG at the moment.

Grey
07-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I've always thought of ADOM as being like a very big chess game... At least in intense situations it feels like that, sitting and planning carefully your moves and strategies. Whenever friends ask me how I could play such a boring looking game I always say it's a lot like more complex chess.

Silfir
07-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Chess doesn't fuck around with you - it says "Here are your pieces. You won't get more, and your opponent, who has the exact same pieces and setup, sure as hell isn't goint to let you transform one easily. Neither of you can run or hide, or fool around. Watch every move of your opponent closely, think over every move you make, devise cunning, foolproof plans, and achieve victory using only your superior intellect and your nerves of steel."

ADOM says "Here are your character and your items, good luck improving. You never know what will lurk behind the next corner (or, indeed, above or below you) - it could be good, it could be bad. Prepare for everything. Hide and run if things look bad. And don't be too pissed if I just seriously fuck up your shit from time to time - that's how I roll."

In the end, you can't compare one of the best multiplayer games ever devised in the history of mankind with one of the best freeware singleplayer games and expect to really be able to come to a conclusion.

Grey
07-10-2008, 06:37 PM
True, very true, but people think you're silly if you say that a game that looks like ADOM has deep tactical thought involved. Comparing it to chess (in terms of some of the thought processes required) is a simple way of explaining the fun from the game. Like all analogies it fails utterly under serious scrutiny.

Silfir
07-10-2008, 07:42 PM
It takes three things to love ADOM: You must like RPGs and turn-based strategy, and you must have the patience needed to overcome the extremely steep learning curve. (AND you have to be pretty fluent in English...)

Slightly off-topic: I'm currently in the process of writing an ADOM tutorial that explains, at the very least, the most basic controls of the game step-by-step, and adds a couple of basic strategy lessons. I plan to put it up at some point, so you can see (or test out for yourself, there's people you haven't tried to introduce ADOM to for sure) whether it's helpful.

EDIT: And let's not forget the graphics. I swear, I've barely kept myself from strangling some people that got all "Those graphics are pretty shitty, aren't they?" on me. Some people don't seem to be able to look beyond the surface...

Grey
07-10-2008, 08:14 PM
EDIT: And let's not forget the graphics. I swear, I've barely kept myself from strangling some people that got all "Those graphics are pretty shitty, aren't they?" on me. Some people don't seem to be able to look beyond the surface...

Hence why I like to use the chess analogy - people can understand that graphics/story/etc don't matter for chess, and it's easy to stretch the idea out then to other games.

The newbie guide sounds like a great idea. I have a friend that has never managed to get far in ADOM simply because he can't understand the controls (the '? k' list being incredibly unfriendly). I think it's also because he instists on playing dark elven assassins to be "cool" though...

And oh yeah, there's a real topic here... Just started playing Planescape: Torment since I've heard so many recommendations for it over the years. Not finding it easy to get into though - AD&D stat/battle system is horrendous (I've always hated it, but in computer games it's even worse because you know there's so much more potential for a complex and realistic system) and so far its done little story-wise to draw me in. I read a starters guide for the right beginning stats (since it's always annoying to find 10 levels in that you started off on completely the wrong foot) and it recommended saving before every conversation in case you make the wrong choices. Having played a bit I can see what it means, but the very thought of restoring all the time is horrendous. Still, all the recommendations much be for a good reason, so I shall perservere...

Silfir
07-10-2008, 10:07 PM
ADOM has completely transformed my saving habits... I am extremely reluctant to save for anything but ending the game now. I'd wager it's similar for you...

warheart
07-10-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm actually a chess player as well, I play many tournaments here where I live, although I'm not any good at it. Just that it helps me relax, and forget any kind of problems during the games.

For me, every game I've played has been great, like WoW, diablo II, DotA, CS, and things like that. But the ones I like more are Monkey Island I & II.

omega_red
07-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Hence why I like to use the chess analogy - people can understand that graphics/story/etc don't matter for chess, and it's easy to stretch the idea out then to other games.
I've also played a lot of chess, although now I think I forgot half the stuff ;). Btw, anyone played Go (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(board_game))?

And oh yeah, there's a real topic here... Just started playing Planescape: Torment since I've heard so many recommendations for it over the years. Not finding it easy to get into though - AD&D stat/battle system is horrendous (I've always hated it, but in computer games it's even worse because you know there's so much more potential for a complex and realistic system) and so far its done little story-wise to draw me in.
Yeah, the mechanics could be better. You can go through almost all of the game without much fighting if you play it right though :)

I read a starters guide for the right beginning stats (since it's always annoying to find 10 levels in that you started off on completely the wrong foot) and it recommended saving before every conversation in case you make the wrong choices. Having played a bit I can see what it means, but the very thought of restoring all the time is horrendous. Still, all the recommendations much be for a good reason, so I shall perservere...
For starters I'd really recommend a character with high mental stats, CHA/WIS/INT. That really opens up a lot more dialogue options. Don't remember if there are easily obtainable items that increase CHA like in many other AD&D games.

Subconscious
07-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Ohh warheart thanks for reminding me about DotA.. I have been playing it around two years now. I play on Garena europe rooms among the "famous" people.

New version seems to be out BTW 6.53. And somekinda clockwerk as new character :D

Laukku
07-11-2008, 12:33 PM
ones I like more are Monkey Island I & II.

Ah, the classics...:D I enjoy good adventure games. Sadly they usually have almost as little replay value as books/movies.

And on the subject of comparing roguelikes to board games, some strips from Dudley's Dungeon (a NetHack webcomic) strips:

http://www.nicolaas.net/dudley/index.php?f=20040823
http://www.nicolaas.net/dudley/index.php?f=20080408
http://www.nicolaas.net/dudley/index.php?f=20080409

Tnx
07-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Yah chess is a pretty serious game, you can't get to that level of balance and strategy with RTS games like starcraft and stuff, no matter how balanced they are. So I just started playing Dwarf Fortress, after I found out theres a graphical tileset.. I'm really into it now, I really can't get into ADOM till JADE comes out I guess.. I played ZangbandTK for about a year back then, but its not getting updated so I stopped. :\

Shadow_2014
07-12-2008, 05:33 AM
I've heard about Dwarf Fortress, but I don't know if I could properly get into another ASCII game, just due to the number of keybindings you have to know. I'm big on chess as well, actually. I guess anyone who's willing enough to get into ADOM seriously is a big strategy person, and you can't get much more strategic than chess.

Tnx
07-12-2008, 06:40 AM
There's a graphical tileset that made me overcome my fear of ASCII, here's the link: http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.htm

Just dl the latest version link there if you wanna try it, it has the game and graphics in it. This game's been pretty confusing, but whenever I learn to do something new I feel GREAT. Today I built a bridge that would pull upwards to one side when a lever is pulled, causing invaders on it to be flung into walls and dying.. simply awesome.

baby-eater
07-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Warcraft III, Warcraft III, Warcraft III. Particularly World War Z and Jurassic Park Maps, DotA can be fun when used sparingly.

reich
07-13-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm playing Assasin's Creed PC now. Looks poor on my old gfx card, but a great game overall. Medieval Matrix!!

Xanthine
07-14-2008, 02:57 AM
Beyond the MMO-super-crack that is World of Warcraft (I have three level 70 Horde characters, Spirestone-US if anyone's interested), I'm pretty big into old SNES Japanese RPGs. My favourite two games of all time are ADoM and Final Fantasy VI. While I know JRPGs are to ADoM as a pond is to the Mariana Trench in terms of strategy and difficulty and stuff, some of them actually have really great storylines and characters you can actually get to know and get close to, just like a really good book.

FFVI is one such game. It not only has a set of characters that are rounded and human (for the most part; there are a few side characters that are there for combat-weirdness, like the mime that just does whatever the last guy did and the sasquatch that you can't control in combat), but the themes dealt with in the storyline are actually very adult and real, and games before or since don't really push the envelope in terms of the heavy subject matter they contain. (I'm completely ignoring guns, violence, and blood; these are not "adult" in the sense I'm talking about.) Suicide, teen pregnancy, the loss of loved ones, and above all, real, believeable hope; these are all in the game, and all handled in a way that actually pulls at your heartstrings. Every time I watch Celes (one of the main characters) jump off that cliff halfway through the game because, as far as she knows, she's the only person left in the entire world, I still cry a little, and I've played through this game more times than I can count.

The reason I'm talking about it so much is that I'm currently playing through the remake on the Game Boy Advance and it's really awesome. They actually added new lines and content to it, as well as re-translating the original dialogue to heighten the experience even more. It's like they took my favourite fantasy novel and added 200 pages to it that are even better than the original. For anyone that can stand the JRPG game model, I highly recommend you play this.

/rant

mdrew93
10-13-2009, 02:57 AM
I just started playing Morrowind a couple weeks ago. Best RPG ever. However I would also recomend the Prince of Persia Sands of Time Trilogy. Three incredible games. Not as long as Morrowind though. I would get Oblivion if my PC could handle it.

Dorten
10-13-2009, 04:22 AM
I have been hooked on Hammerfight (http://koshutin.com/) recently. A simple idea and a lot of fun. :D

Lich
10-13-2009, 04:53 AM
Yay necromancy
I've been playing Diablo 2 on and off for a while, and right now I'm going through the game by myself as a necromancer. It's quite a challenge as I keep getting instakilled by the super-uniques. Although I do enjoy blowing up masses of corpses.
More recently I have come across this vertically-scrolling shooter called Ikaruga. It's got a surprising amount of depth that's not apparent at first look (kind of like ADOM). There are only five levels, but the game has a lot of replay value. I like Ikaruga most for its very elegant design, the artwork is very nice to look at, and the mechanics make this game not just a shoot-everything-that-moves business.

Sadface
10-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Every time I watch Celes (one of the main characters) jump off that cliff halfway through the game because, as far as she knows, she's the only person left in the entire world, I still cry a little,

Year-and-3-months necro-quote:

I cry just hearing her theme, because I remember what happens in that game.
Amazing what pixels, good music and a storyline can invoke in oneself :)

grobblewobble
10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Go, the board game, the Asian equivalent of chess.

HoMM II and III.

Mordor: the Depths of Dejenol, an old-school hack 'n slash.

Lands of Hyperborea, which is a brilliant mod of Dungeon Siege by Xaa.

And Leylines, a turn-based strategy game by Radiant.

Oh and sometimes I get back to Ascendancy, which is an old DOS game where you build a space empire - it has lovely style which makes me keep coming back to it, until I get too frustrated (again) by the crazy micromanagement and silly AI.

gut
10-13-2009, 06:09 PM
>Go, the board game, the Asian equivalent of chess.

Man, I love that game. I used to have an excellent computer
version of that written in assembly. It was probably the
best version of Go I've ever tried. Sadly, it got lost in the
file shuffle of switching computers, and it's unlikely that
I'll be digging it up any time soon. I used to be good, but
I've been away from it so long I've probably forgotten
everything.

Moeba
10-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I played ADOM lately! It surely was a great game!

Further I like civilization 2 quite much atm, but that probably is because I'm very lucky with my emperor difficulty tribe.

EDIT: and I played Chess of course, at www.gameknot.com - great site.

warheart
10-13-2009, 09:06 PM
I used to play chess tournaments irl.

Sadface
10-13-2009, 10:18 PM
If I could find the right emulator and ROM file, I'd be playing
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete. I loved that game...but now
my playstation(s) are broken :(

Anonymous
10-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Triangle Wizard is really cool. It's an arcade roguelike with about 90 spells, 500 enemies and lots of fun.
Website http://trianglewizard.webs.com/
Download http://cid-c2c1c94098d53fb1.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Downloads/Triangle%20Wizard/Triangle%20Wizard%20R701%20ZIP.zip

grobblewobble
10-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Gut, there are some free go-playing programs available, such as Gnu Go:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/beta.html

Did you also play human opponents?

JellySlayer
10-20-2009, 12:11 AM
I enjoy playing both chess and go, although I rarely play them on the computer anymore... I have a hard time taking a game seriously if there isn't a real person sitting there in either case, and I prefer club play anyway where there's a bit of casual chatter added to the game.

As far as other games go, I haven't really played anything terribly recent since I don't really have time or inclination anymore. A non-exhaustive list of my top games would include:

Civilization 2: Great concept, well designed, excellent replay value. Game would be perfect if the diplomacy system didn't collapse entirely at high difficulty settings.

Baldur's Gate 2: Excellent storyline, extremely interesting characters, some of the most epic fights of any RPG I've played, and generally just a really fun RPG to play.

Wizardry 7: I might be dating myself here a bit with this one ;) This game was sort of the precursor to rogue-likes for me... steep learning curve, very tactical and challenging, but fascinating and enjoyable once you get the hang of it. Such a shame that Wiz 8 turned out so poorly compared to this.

I have working NES and SNES kicking around my home (now I'm really dating myself :p) and occasionally play some of the old Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger or the SNES Legend of Zelda.

FFVI is one such game. It not only has a set of characters that are rounded and human (for the most part; there are a few side characters that are there for combat-weirdness, like the mime that just does whatever the last guy did and the sasquatch that you can't control in combat), but the themes dealt with in the storyline are actually very adult and real, and games before or since don't really push the envelope in terms of the heavy subject matter they contain. (I'm completely ignoring guns, violence, and blood; these are not "adult" in the sense I'm talking about.) Suicide, teen pregnancy, the loss of loved ones, and above all, real, believeable hope; these are all in the game, and all handled in a way that actually pulls at your heartstrings. Every time I watch Celes (one of the main characters) jump off that cliff halfway through the game because, as far as she knows, she's the only person left in the entire world, I still cry a little, and I've played through this game more times than I can count.

I realise that I'm going against the grain on this one, but I've always thought FFVI (SNES version at least, can't comment on the recent remake) to be very overrated in the story department compared to some of the others in the series. The first act (everything up to Zozo) is very well-written and quite engaging. The second act (rest of WoB) is okay, although pretty much every character except Locke and Celes are just there for the fights. The third act (World of Ruin) is dreadful--they pretty much just slapped an one scene closure onto every character's main conflict so that they'd all have a happy ending, and the entire section has no motivating storyline to speak of. For the characters themselves, throughout the entire game, most have basically the same joyless, melodramatic personality, and there is only a serious attempt made to develop three--Terra, Locke, and Celes. Pretty much all of the other characters are superfluous to the main storyline, and only a few have subplots that are really worthy of note.

F50
10-25-2009, 06:48 AM
There are three games that I enjoyed more than all others. Only one of them is commercial. All the others are free.

The first (at least, its the first one that I played) of these is ADOM. Right now I don't play it that much, but I know that I will spend plenty more hours on it in years to come. At very least, I owe at least one completion of the postcard quest.

The second is Portal. "This was a triumph!", the puzzles within the Aperture Science research facility are incredible. I've completed everything there is to do in the base game, and some extra puzzles that I downloaded as well. The only thing is: its short. That fact is probably what made the game as good as it was (not dragged out into boredom), but its replay value is much more finite than my other favorites.

The third is Tremulous. This is an excellent FOSS online multiplayer FPS. Its based off of the game Gloom and uses the ioquake3 engine. It is aliens vs humans, each aliens class or human weapon has a different personality, and as you kill enemies, you gain credits/evopoints which allow you to get better weaponry. Each team has a bunch of different buildings they can construct (all from the 1st person), which allow players to spawn, buy items (for humans) harm invading enemies, etc. After several years without a release, they have very recently released a beta of the next version (1.2).

Two other games that I've played recently:

Transcendence (I'm returning to this one for the third time now). Its a 2d, space shooter rogue like. Its an interesting concept, and its scheme-like scripting language allows for lots of modding.

Dwarf Fortress (Dwarf mode only, I've never tried the rogue-like "adventure" mode it has). Dwarf fortress is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. You are trying to build a fortress for dwarves, its kind of a simulation game. But there are sooooo many things that you can do, and sooo many things that can kill you and your dwarves, and sooooooooooo much detail in general. It has a very steep learning curve as far as keybindings go, but once you get past that, you move on to survival, and from there...Anywhere. Challenges, mega structures, butchering small kittens (actually that's more of a survival thing), time bombs, and thermonuclear catsplosions (requires modding, but can become necessary in certain situations). Everything is simulated from Dwarf personalities to body temperature, to fluid physics. Its easy to get lost in the details though, and sometimes the seasons can be slow or boring.

Sadface
10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
I have working NES and SNES kicking around my home (now I'm really dating myself :p)

I've got a working Sega Genesis around here somewhere, occasionally
I play one of the original Sonic games or even the dreaded RPG of
repetition, Shining in the Darkness.

Though it freezes really easily, so I downloaded SitD onto my Wii and
I usually use that instead...no more losing data every 3 days ;)

I also just picked up Kirby Super Star Ultra...maybe it's because I
haven't played a kirby platformer in forever and a day, but I can't
seem to put it down.

vogonpoet
10-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Backgammon - Best. Boardgame. Eva.

boris_pankov@inbox.ru
10-27-2009, 11:44 AM
The greatest game I ever played is X-com: terror from the deep and UFO: Enemy Unknown.
Damn.. that were great times.. sweet poor 90`s.

Sadface
11-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Hmm. Just discovered the game Torchlight (it didn't come out very
long ago, 27th of October)...WOW. It's amazingly addictive, and I'm
fairly certain was made by the same folks that made Diablo and
Diablo 2 (the Blizzard North folks that were laid off from the big
company). It even has "hardcore" mode, like Diablo and Diablo 2,
to emulate a roguelike's one-life-only gameplay.

Evil Knievel
11-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Either it wasn't mentioned yet or I missed it: Civilization.

Especially Civ1 cost me as much lifetime as almost no other game. Civ2 I like less but mostly because I was inflexible from going away from what I was used to. Civ3 with its addons are a Civ1like game but highly perfectionized. I like it a lot, but well. Needless to say that all Civs are greedy on lifetime, and so Civ4 could never really reveal its beauty to me, as around the time it came out, I was to much involved in finishing my studies. And in my case it seems now, that these amounts of freetime I had earlier are lost forever - or until I go to pension. Maybe I should keep an old machine around with these games installed and still running in 40 years.

Also, it is kind of obvious that I also recommend Master of Orion. Little shorter, but nice gameplay. Part two is nicely made but too lengthy in the end, and too much based on a single big battle after which either you or the opponents are beaten. Unfortunately, it will take a lot more tedious hours to really win after that. (Little bit like some of you report on Adom after the ACW, not for me, I die at every point in Adom.)

Babblings babblings: Dune2. The Trilby games. Hidden Agenda (weird but Adomplayers might like it, too). Ohh and Red Baron - excellent realism feeling, and adomlike in letting you die.

Anonymous
11-27-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm currently playing Metroplexity (www.metroplexity.com), a very nice html browser game with interesting game mechanichs. Try it.

Soirana
11-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Floor13...

RKade8583
12-07-2009, 08:12 AM
I just bought Torchlight. What are you guys' opinion of these RTRLs like Diablo and such? I'm willing to give them a go but my eyes are abysmal so turn based will always be better.

I was SO pissed when adom just crashed on me for no reason.

Basic ADOM Bug Report Data
--------------------------

Version: Version 1.1.1 (DOS, Windows xyz, OS/2)
Error: Illegal skill advancement (3/0).

Partial Game State Dump
-----------------------
pcx: 0, pcy: 0, pcl: 1, pcr: 6, pcc: 12, pcms: 0
pcpc: 0, pcpn: 200, pcpl: 0, pcmov: 0, pcmovl: 0
pcs: 0, pcp: 0, pcdv: 6, pcst: 1096, pcil: -1, pcmil: -1
mdl: 4, sdl: 1, linfo: 24, kol: 0, ala: 0, bp: 0
ftis: 1, st: -1, hv: 0, sp: 0, sa: 0, sre: 0
sgx: 0, sgy: 0
ht: 0, hthere: 0, hp: 0, hx: 0, hy: 0, ha: 0
mt: 0, sc: 0, tuid: 1
[L: 1,0:U] (0D { 2, 0}) (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 1,1:U] (1D { 4, 0}) (1U { 2, 0}) [L: 1,2:U] (0D { 2, 2}) (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 1,3:U] (0D { 2, 3}) (0U { 4, 1})
[L: 2,0:U] (0D { 3, 0}) (0U { 1, 0}) (1D { 1, 1}) [L: 2,1:U] (0D { 3, 1}) (1U {13, 0}) [L: 2,2:U] (0D { 3, 2}) (0U { 1, 2}) [L: 2,3:U] (0D { 3, 3}) (0U { 1, 3}) (1D { 9, 3})
[L: 3,0:U] (0D { 4, 0}) (0U { 2, 0}) [L: 3,1:U] (0U { 2, 1}) (1D {15, 0}) [L: 3,2:U] (0D { 4, 2}) (0U { 2, 2}) [L: 3,3:U] (0D { 4, 3}) (0U { 2, 3}) (1D {17, 3})
[L: 4,0:U] (0D { 5, 0}) (0U { 3, 0}) (1U { 1, 1}) [L: 4,1:U] (0D { 1, 3}) (0U {30, 1}) (1D {38, 1}) (1U {16, 2}) [L: 4,2:U] (0D { 5, 2}) (0U { 3, 2}) [L: 4,3:U] (0D { 5, 3}) (0U { 3, 3})
[L: 5,0:U] (0D { 6, 0}) (0U { 4, 0}) [L: 5,2:U] (0D { 6, 2}) (0U { 4, 2}) [L: 5,3:U] (0D { 6, 3}) (0U { 4, 3}) (1D {20, 3})
[L: 6,0:U] (0D { 7, 0}) (0U { 5, 0}) [L: 6,1:U] (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 6,2:U] (0D { 7, 2}) (0U { 5, 2}) [L: 6,3:U] (0D { 7, 3}) (0U { 5, 3})
[L: 7,0:U] (0D { 8, 0}) (0U { 6, 0}) [L: 7,1:U] (0D { 8, 1}) (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 7,2:U] (0U { 6, 2}) [L: 7,3:U] (0D { 8, 3}) (0U { 6, 3})
[L: 8,0:U] (0D { 9, 0}) (0U { 7, 0}) [L: 8,1:U] (0U { 7, 1}) [L: 8,2:U] (0D { 9, 2}) (0U {28, 1}) [L: 8,3:U] (0U { 7, 3})
[L: 9,0:U] (0D {10, 0}) (0U { 8, 0}) [L: 9,1:U] (0D {10, 1}) (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 9,2:U] (0D {10, 2}) (0U { 8, 2}) [L: 9,3:U] (0D {10, 3}) (1D {11, 3}) (1U { 2, 3})
[L: 10,0:U] (0D {11, 0}) (0U { 9, 0}) [L: 10,1:U] (0D {11, 1}) (0U { 9, 1}) [L: 10,2:U] (0D {11, 2}) (0U { 9, 2}) [L: 10,3:U] (0D {12, 3}) (0U { 9, 3})
[L: 11,0:U] (0D {12, 0}) (0U {10, 0}) [L: 11,1:U] (0D {12, 1}) (0U {10, 1}) [L: 11,2:U] (0D {12, 2}) (0U {10, 2}) [L: 11,3:U] (0D {13, 3}) (1D {19, 3}) (1U { 9, 3})
[L: 12,0:U] (0D {13, 0}) (0U {11, 0}) [L: 12,1:U] (0D {13, 1}) (0U {11, 1}) [L: 12,2:U] (0D {13, 2}) (0U {11, 2}) [L: 12,3:U] (0D {14, 3}) (0U {10, 3}) (1U {17, 3})
[L: 13,0:U] (0D {14, 0}) (0U {12, 0}) (1D { 2, 1}) [L: 13,1:U] (0D {14, 1}) (0U {12, 1}) [L: 13,2:U] (0D {14, 2}) (0U {12, 2}) [L: 13,3:U] (0D {15, 3}) (0U {11, 3})
[L: 14,0:U] (0D {15, 0}) (0U {13, 0}) [L: 14,1:U] (0D {15, 1}) (0U {13, 1}) [L: 14,2:U] (0D {15, 2}) (0U {13, 2}) [L: 14,3:U] (0U {12, 3})
[L: 15,0:U] (0D {16, 0}) (0U {14, 0}) (1U { 3, 1}) [L: 15,1:U] (0U {14, 1}) [L: 15,2:U] (0U {14, 2}) (1U { 4, 1}) [L: 15,3:U] (0D {21, 3}) (0U {13, 3})
[L: 16,0:U] (0D {17, 0}) (0U {15, 0}) [L: 16,1:U] (0U {22, 2}) [L: 16,2:U] (0U { 4, 1}) (1D { 4, 1})
[L: 17,0:U] (0D {18, 0}) (0U {16, 0}) [L: 17,1:U] (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 17,3:U] (1D {12, 3}) (1U { 3, 3})
[L: 18,0:U] (0D {19, 0}) (0U {17, 0}) [L: 18,1:U] (0D {19, 1}) (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 18,2:U] (0D {19, 2}) (0U { 4, 1})
[L: 19,0:U] (0D {20, 0}) (0U {18, 0}) [L: 19,1:U] (0U {18, 1}) (1D {32, 0}) [L: 19,2:U] (0D {20, 2}) (0U {18, 2}) [L: 19,3:U] (1U {11, 3})
[L: 20,0:U] (0D {21, 0}) (0U {19, 0}) [L: 20,1:U] (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 20,2:U] (0D {21, 2}) (0U {19, 2}) [L: 20,3:U] (0D {22, 3}) (1D {21, 3}) (1U { 5, 3})
[L: 21,0:U] (0D {22, 0}) (0U {20, 0}) [L: 21,1:U] (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 21,2:U] (0D {22, 2}) (0U {20, 2}) [L: 21,3:U] (0U {15, 3}) (1U {20, 3})
[L: 22,0:U] (0D {23, 0}) (0U {21, 0}) [L: 22,1:U] (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 22,2:U] (0D {16, 1}) (0U {21, 2}) [L: 22,3:U] (0U {20, 3})
[L: 23,0:U] (0D {24, 0}) (0U {22, 0}) [L: 23,1:U] (0D { 4, 1}) (0U {24, 1}) [L: 23,2:U] (0D {24, 2}) (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 23,3:U] (0D {24, 3}) (0U { 4, 1})
[L: 24,0:U] (0D {28, 0}) (0U {23, 0}) [L: 24,1:U] (0D {23, 1}) (0U {25, 1}) [L: 24,2:U] (0D {25, 2}) (0U {23, 2}) [L: 24,3:U] (0U {23, 3})
[L: 25,0:U] (0D {26, 0}) (1D {29, 0}) [L: 25,1:U] (0D {24, 1}) (0U {26, 1}) [L: 25,2:U] (0D {26, 2}) (0U {24, 2})
[L: 26,0:U] (0D {27, 0}) (0U {25, 0}) [L: 26,1:U] (0D {25, 1}) [L: 26,2:U] (0D {27, 2}) (0U {25, 2})
[L: 27,0:U] (0U {26, 0}) (1D {28, 0}) [L: 27,1:U] (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 27,2:U] (0D {28, 2}) (0U {26, 2})
[L: 28,0:U] (0U {24, 0}) (1U {27, 0}) [L: 28,1:U] (0D { 8, 2}) (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 28,2:U] (0U {27, 2})
[L: 29,0:U] (0D {30, 0}) (1U {25, 0}) [L: 29,2:U] (0D {30, 2}) (1U {47, 0})
[L: 30,0:U] (0D {31, 0}) (0U {29, 0}) [L: 30,1:U] (0D { 4, 1}) (0U {31, 1}) [L: 30,2:U] (0D {31, 2}) (0U {29, 2})
[L: 31,0:U] (0D {32, 0}) (0U {30, 0}) [L: 31,1:U] (0D {30, 1}) (0U {32, 1}) [L: 31,2:U] (0D {32, 2}) (0U {30, 2})
[L: 32,0:U] (0D {33, 0}) (0U {31, 0}) (1U {19, 1}) [L: 32,1:U] (0D {31, 1}) [L: 32,2:U] (0D {33, 2}) (0U {31, 2}) (1D {36, 2})
[L: 33,0:U] (0D {34, 0}) (0U {32, 0}) [L: 33,2:U] (0D {34, 2}) (0U {32, 2})
[L: 34,0:U] (0D {35, 0}) (0U {33, 0}) [L: 34,1:U] (0D {35, 1}) (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 34,2:U] (0D {35, 2}) (0U {33, 2})
[L: 35,0:U] (0D {36, 0}) (0U {34, 0}) [L: 35,1:U] (0D {36, 1}) (0U {34, 1}) [L: 35,2:U] (0U {34, 2})
[L: 36,0:U] (0D {37, 0}) (0U {35, 0}) [L: 36,1:U] (0D {37, 1}) (0U {35, 1}) [L: 36,2:U] (0D {37, 2}) (1U {32, 2})
[L: 37,0:U] (0D {38, 0}) (0U {36, 0}) [L: 37,1:U] (0D {38, 1}) (0U {36, 1}) [L: 37,2:U] (0D {38, 2}) (0U {36, 2})
[L: 38,0:U] (0D {39, 0}) (0U {37, 0}) [L: 38,1:U] (0D {39, 1}) (0U {37, 1}) (1U { 4, 1}) [L: 38,2:U] (0D {39, 2}) (0U {37, 2})
[L: 39,0:U] (0D {40, 0}) (0U {38, 0}) [L: 39,1:U] (0D {40, 1}) (0U {38, 1}) [L: 39,2:U] (0D {40, 2}) (0U {38, 2})
[L: 40,0:U] (0D {41, 0}) (0U {39, 0}) [L: 40,1:U] (0D {41, 1}) (0U {39, 1}) [L: 40,2:U] (0U {39, 2})
[L: 41,0:U] (0D {42, 0}) (0U {40, 0}) [L: 41,1:U] (0D {42, 1}) (0U {40, 1}) [L: 41,2:U] (0U {50, 1})
[L: 42,0:U] (0D {43, 0}) (0U {41, 0}) [L: 42,1:U] (0U {41, 1}) [L: 42,2:U] (0D {43, 2}) (0U { 4, 1})
[L: 43,0:U] (0D {44, 0}) (0U {42, 0}) [L: 43,1:U] (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 43,2:U] (0D {44, 2}) (0U {42, 2})
[L: 44,0:U] (0D {45, 0}) (0U {43, 0}) [L: 44,1:U] (0D {48, 1}) (0U {48, 1}) [L: 44,2:U] (0D {45, 2}) (0U {43, 2})
[L: 45,0:U] (0D {46, 0}) (0U {44, 0}) [L: 45,2:U] (0D {46, 2}) (0U {44, 2})
[L: 46,0:U] (0D {47, 0}) (0U {45, 0}) [L: 46,1:U] (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 46,2:U] (0D {47, 2}) (0U {45, 2})
[L: 47,0:U] (0D {48, 0}) (0U {46, 0}) (1D {29, 2}) [L: 47,1:U] (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 47,2:U] (0D {48, 2}) (0U {46, 2})
[L: 48,0:U] (0D {49, 0}) (0U {47, 0}) [L: 48,1:U] (0D {44, 1}) (0U {44, 1}) [L: 48,2:U] (0D {49, 2}) (0U {47, 2})
[L: 49,0:U] (0D {50, 0}) (0U {48, 0}) [L: 49,1:U] (0D {50, 1}) (0U { 4, 1}) [L: 49,2:U] (0D {50, 2}) (0U {48, 2})
[L: 50,0:U] (0U {49, 0}) [L: 50,1:U] (0D {41, 2}) (0U {49, 1}) [L: 50,2:U] (0U {49, 2})

Waaaah!

pblack
12-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Planescape: torment

i'm playing it right now... its just great.... reminds me of fallout 2 but its better because the locations arent as abandoned as in that game, theres always a lot going on and i like that.

good old D&D system, good graphics for a 1999 game (there are some patches to make it run on 1280x800 with proper textures, not just stretched 800x600 textures), huge gameworld just filled with NPCs and quests.

It's the spiritual descendant of baldur's gate, but i think its better than BG.

brim
12-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Games Ive been playing lately... Got back into D2 a couple months ago, but it was just way too easy and I got bored. I discovered Torchlight recently, basically a 3d Diablo, but only singleplayer... One of my favorite all time games was FF6 which was already mentioned, but I did play through it recently, and I have to agree with whoever was dissing it earlier in the thread. IMHO FF9 is the best of the series. However...

MARATHON. Come on, anyone? I notice not too many people, if any, have mentioned first person shooters, but Marathon is the godfather. Released around the same time as Doom, but with way better graphics and an incredibly immersive plot. From the first level of the first game, to the last level of the sequel... I am still hooked to this day. The final game in the trilogy has excellent map construction, but lacks a bit in the plot department, but seriously, anyone who enjoys FPSs that hasn't played Marathon should go get it immediately. It's source was released by bungie a year or so ago so its free to play now.

marathon.bungie.org

Other titles that had a big impact on my gaming: All the earlyish Zelda games, Chrono Trigger, RPing in Neverwinter Nights, all the warcraft games, System Shock 2 (almost as good as marathon), half-life, duck hunt.... haha.

garyd
01-06-2010, 05:04 AM
Let's see I played tournament chase from 1966 to 1983 at which point I reached the conclusion that either chess was going to have to go or the wife and kid was going to have to go and as much as I loved Chess I loved the wife and kid more. In my prime I was the single most dangerous class B player in the state of Oklahoma. With a 30/30 tournament tie for first place in a field that included two USCF rated expert players I tied one and beat the other with a version of the Pirc Defense he wasn't quite familiar enough with , and a draw with then International Master Ken Smith of Smith - Morra gambit fame In his case it was the 3.e5 variant of the French defense degenrating into and end game in which though I was a pawn down I had all the winning chances as he was blessed with absolutely the worst bishop ever.

I've never played Civ I. I've got both civ II's CivIII (in my opinion far and away the worst of the lot) and Civ IV with all add ons. Amazingly good Strategy games any of them.

Adom is my favorite roguelike by far hell my favorite computer RPG by far. After that is Diablo 2. The only F.F. I liked was tactics.

warheart
01-06-2010, 12:24 PM
It's nice to find more chess players here. I used to play tournaments not long ago, although never got more than 2000 FIDE ELO points.

By the way, I'm playing quake live (http://www.quakelive.com) quite a lot lately, rocks.

Silfir
01-06-2010, 12:32 PM
I play chess too, though I'm quite a way away from reaching 2000 ELO. I don't have ELO, actually, just the German national equivalent. At 1631, currently.

Orbic
01-07-2010, 07:57 AM
I stumbled across Wesnoth some time ago, be careful it can become addictive (Turn based strategy, open source)

http://wesnoth.org/

Dudley
01-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Adom is the best game i ever played XD

Silfir
01-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Wesnoth is the shit.

Sradac
01-23-2010, 06:57 PM
hellgate: london. it will never die!

and forza 3. I like cars. vrooom.

yeah im back, whoooo. and i've had beers again. its my birthday weekend i deserve it!

Sadface
01-31-2010, 12:11 AM
For any pokemon fans...

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. What is it?

A spinoff game.
A deviation from the main series' playstyle.
A POKEMON ROGUELIKE. No shitting! Well, suffice to say it
shares a lot of qualities with roguelikes. Permanent death
is not one of them though :rolleyes:

I'm not quite sure if I want to gush about how awesome
I think it is - it'll sound like I'm giving a review or something ;)

Orbic
01-31-2010, 05:45 PM
hellgate: london. it will never die!

and forza 3. I like cars. vrooom.

yeah im back, whoooo. and i've had beers again. its my birthday weekend i deserve it!

Happy birthday!
If you like cars, do give this a go (PC sim, one of the most realistic driving sims around):

www.lfs.net

3 developpers only , brilliant simulation and ongoing project for around 10 years.
Not free, but cheap. The demo is not time limited and gives you a good taste.

Molach
02-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Civ. I II and III, but really, IV is the bomb. Especially playing MODs - its like 100 wholly new games in one. Do try out "Fall from heaven II" - mod. Fantasy units, spells. Wow.

Master of Orion. Both I and II, never played 3, heard it was bad.

X-Com. Both I and II. I got to be too easy after a lil while, but boy the suspense. Playing along, after midnight in a dark basement...got a few shocks going through doors and getting shot by aliens. Great. II was also good. Only problem was mind control - game got to be a lot less scary after that (used aliens as scouts - no real risk). III didn't have the same suspense, and once you got the anti-alien-(biotoxin?) guns you could just fire away all the time, no worry about friently fire. Which is not what I liked about I and II. There better guns meant more harm to my team when the "new guy" tried to take a snapshot at distant enemy.

MUDs. Oh. I've wasted too much time on that. Good thing about ADOM - just save and you're out. Multi-user dungeons - when you are deep in the lair of Tiamat, the multi-headed dragon, and you know that if your group of 20 can take her down, you will be able to touch the stone and advance to level 51 (which is a fair bit better than 50...new spells and stuff), then it is hard to just walk away. Also raiding the evil hometown, and getting hit by bodyslamming ogres, githyanki psionicists and some drow elf magi - you need to stay alert and fast to survive. So. Great fun, lot of time wasted.

nathrakh
02-04-2010, 01:25 PM
As Molach said MUDs are good. I used to play BatMUD quite a lot and I still think it is the best game ever made. It's just that I got bored of it. :)

Nowadays I play Titan Quest- Immortal throne a lot. Currently my character is in the beginning of epic (normal->epic->legendary). I once had better characters but lost them due hard drive failure. :(

Obviously I play a lot of ADOM too and those two games are about it. Nothing else at the moment.

Shael
02-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Oh sweet, some good times come up when looking back.

Some of the games i really enjoyed playing includes

Master of orion 2. that we currently started playing with multi online.

Alpha centaur. maybe there is just some thing with the scifi theme that calls me more than regular civ.

Dominions: priest prophets & pretenders. (aka dominions 1 ) dom3 was mentioned earlier in the line but i still think this kicks ass..

Space empire III / V. kinda close to moo actually.

Empire total war. Ships ahoi and now with multi campaign only it bugs so hard that its not even sad...

Ikari warriors. on C64 was so awesome...

Star control 2. also one tiny ship and vastness of space ahead

Privateer. jump in on a space ship trade war change world

well i could go on but guess that gives hint what kinda games i played and liked

Molach
02-05-2010, 12:05 AM
I forgot to add: Good ole pirates! on C64. One of my most-played games on that thing.
And of course all those "RPG"s. Bards tale II and III. Pool of radiance (best)/Silver blades/...that last one.

My MUD of choice was Duris. Full pkill/racewar theme. You build a character, yes, but your equipment you risk every time you leave your hometown.
Heres a battle log from today. Its from the (losing) good race wizard "raest"'s perspective, so all fellow "goodie" races are shown by name, evil fellows just by the race. "fat duck" is really a disguised, clever illusionist. Air elementals are NPC pets summoned by an evil (Drow) conjurer.

< 529h/813H 125v/130V Pos: standing >
< T: Raest TP: sta TC: few wounds E: air kne EP: excellent >
An Orc enters from the east.

-=[You attack an air elemental.]=- [0 hits]

Ripp suddenly attacks An Orc!
A fat duck starts casting an offensive spell.

The arcs of electricity surrounding Sereq ground out!
An Ogre suddenly looks a bit dumb, and madly slams _YOU_!
The world starts spinning, and your ears are ringing!

< 525h/813H 125v/130V Pos: on your ass >
< T: Raest TP: ass TC: few wounds E: An Ogre sta EP: few scratches >
An air elemental clambers to its feet.
A huge illusion of Buv completes his spell...
A huge illusion of Buv utters the word 'pawwzf'
A huge illusion of Buv creates a hammer out of thin air that smashes into An Orc, bits of flesh and bone fly everywhere!
Upon being struck, An Orc disappears into thin air.
An Orc stops following An Orc.
-=[An Ogre attacks you.]=- [4 hits]

< 363h/813H 125v/130V Pos: on your ass >
< T: Raest TP: ass TC: nasty wounds E: An Ogre sta EP: few scratches >
An air elemental fades from your mortal viewing...
A Githyanki closes his book and smiles broadly.
A fat duck completes his spell...
A fat duck utters the word 'pawwzf'
A fat duck's spell flows around A Githyanki, leaving him unharmed!

< 363h/813H 125v/130V Pos: on your ass >
-=[a powerful triton attacks you.]=- [3 hits]
-=[an air elemental attacks you.]=- [3 hits]
An air elemental rises to its feet.
-=[an air elemental attacks you.]=- [2 hits]

< 246h/813H 125v/130V Pos: on your ass >
A Githyanki clambers to his feet.

A huge illusion of Buv quickly fades into the thin air!
A huge illusion of Buv disappears as quickly as it came!
An Orc sits down in a comfortable spot.

An Orc stares off into space, entering a meditative trance.

A Githyanki gives an order to his followers.
You dodge a bash from an air elemental, who loses its balance and falls.
You dodge a bash from an air elemental, who loses its balance and falls.

A fat duck starts casting an offensive spell.

An Orc is knocked to the ground by Ripp's mighty bash!
Ripp dives at An Orc skewering him with his the bastard sword of Demon Slayer.

An Ogre deflects your blow and strikes back at YOU!
Hey! That hurt! Time to deal with this menace!
You're too stunned to contemplate that!
YIKES! Another hit like that, and you've had it!!
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!
-=[You attack An Ogre.]=- [0 hits]
An Orc attacks Ripp. [0 hits]

< 90h/813H 125v/130V Pos: on your ass >
< T: Raest TP: ass TC: awful E: An Ogre sta EP: few scratches >
Ripp neatly performs a coup de grace and beheads An Orc.
Upon being struck, An Orc disappears into thin air.
An Orc stops following An Orc.
A fat duck stops invoking abruptly!

< 90h/813H 125v/130V Pos: on your ass >
-=[an air elemental attacks you.]=- [3 hits]
-=[an air elemental attacks you.]=- [0 hits]

< 63h/813H 125v/130V Pos: on your ass >
YIKES! Another hit like that, and you've had it!!
You feel your pulse begin to slow and you realize you are mortally
wounded...

< -6h/813H 125v/130V Pos: on your ass >

yisk
02-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Trine.
Good but short.

Anonymous
03-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Castlevania the roguelike
Doom the roguelike
Frozen Depths
Crawl Stone Soup
Spelunky
IVAN

kraya
03-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Baldurs Gate - 1, 2 & ToB Played in sequence...
PS:T - Epic
Waiting to play Mass Effect 2
Torchlight is pretty cool too. The Shadow Vault reminds me of the ID

Sradac
03-05-2010, 04:56 AM
torchlight

Sadface
03-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Oblivion, with realism mods installed, and several levelling/class/race
overhaul mods too.

Nezur
03-10-2010, 02:44 PM
I haven't tried any of the recently released games but for Cilivilization 4 BTS, the game I've been playing lately, I can recommend the PIG mod.

Sradac
03-11-2010, 06:48 AM
neverwinter nights 2 again also, finally gave in and bought storm of zehir for it. I must saw for the negative reviews it got, Im finding it pretty darn fun.

Dudley
03-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Did i tell you we once offered the complete set of D&D games to our mom xd

Anonymous
03-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Doom Roguelike shiny new version (1.9.1)! (http://doom.chaosforge.org/downloads)

moppit
05-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Grey : Planescape started off slow, But I have to admit... once your about 1/3rd into it the story is fantastic..

Silfir : Best description I've heard in a long time :
Chess doesn't fuck around with you - it says "Here are your pieces. You won't get more, and your opponent, who has the exact same pieces and setup, sure as hell isn't goint to let you transform one easily. Neither of you can run or hide, or fool around. Watch every move of your opponent closely, think over every move you make, devise cunning, foolproof plans, and achieve victory using only your superior intellect and your nerves of steel."

ADOM says "Here are your character and your items, good luck improving. You never know what will lurk behind the next corner (or, indeed, above or below you) - it could be good, it could be bad. Prepare for everything. Hide and run if things look bad. And don't be too pissed if I just seriously fuck up your shit from time to time - that's how I roll."

In the end, you can't compare one of the best multiplayer games ever devised in the history of mankind with one of the best freeware singleplayer games and expect to really be able to come to a conclusion.

moppit
05-02-2010, 04:19 PM
As for what I have been playing lately...
did some dwarf fortress.. ok, but back to Neverwinter nights classic with endless nights iv free mod... very roguelike w/random quests... and still plugging through adom frequently determined to beat it eventually.. I know as soon as I finally finish the game once JADE will be released...

Still haven't beat the game with : all
(but I have hit d49 a couple of times :P )

Silfir
05-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Damn it, I'm too old to want to play yet another umpteenth Pok&#233;mon game.

"But that Pok&#233;athlon stuff sounds really fun and interesting and you loved Pok&#233;mon Silver back then when you spent that ten days in the hospital after your traffic accident and there are few games you could lose hundreds hours playing without getting bored to begin with and also there are two worlds and 16 badges"

Who am I kidding. If I could buy an English language version of the game in a store in Germany, I would have done so long ago. (There is an English version but the guy who gives the Pok&#233;mon their German names must have come down with a severe case of retarded. Also, the childishness of it all is harder to ignore if the game uses another language than your own...)