PDA

View Full Version : ADOM effecting JADE

electric_wizard
03-11-2008, 01:19 PM
JADE is set at some point after the events of ADOM right? Wouldn't it be great if you could load an old ADOM saved game into JADE and have it generate a world flavored by your previous adventurers actions.

Those you killed would remain dead and the quests you completed would effect those involved. Perhaps if you return the cute dog to the tiny girl, you could come back to find that it subsequently mauled her to death :D.

Epythic
03-11-2008, 03:13 PM
ADOM and JADE are two very different things. I dont think you've got a chance.

Besides, theres more useful stuff the creator can work on. I think.

Dorten
03-12-2008, 04:35 AM
And I thought, that JADE is to take place no less than century after ADoM. Almost everyone is dead anyway.

But finding your old char as an establisher of current royal dynasty would be cool indeed.

electric_wizard
03-12-2008, 08:56 AM
If it's centuries later then the effects of your old life would be even more profound. For example, you return the cute dog, thus killing the tiny girl, but what would she have grown up to achieve? Maybe she could have been a great leader or an evil tyrant.

I know it's far fetched and I'm sure very hard to implement.... Would be cool though.

Laukku
03-12-2008, 09:11 AM
If it's centuries later

A thousand years.

http://www.adom.de/jade/background.php3

Dougy
03-12-2008, 09:13 AM
If it's centuries later then the effects of your old life would be even more profound. For example, you return the cute dog, thus killing the tiny girl, but what would she have grown up to achieve? Maybe she could have been a great leader or an evil tyrant.

Or a goodwife perhaps? To be blunt, I feel that these "running into your former character" ideas are just useless gimmicks - that is, it'll be appreciated for a few seconds the first time and ignored after that.

Would you be able to come up with some ideas on how this could be otherwise?