PDA

View Full Version : Damn Lucky

Nurgle
03-11-2008, 12:51 PM
ive been playing adom for years and have been watching the jade developments with eagerness. the flurry of activity over the last few weeks has inspired me to once again start a new character.

i decided to keep restarting untill i got the birthsign i wanted and went for a regenating Troll Healer.

Cant believe how lucky this guy is, besides the fact that he regenerates at a silly rate, he found a pool on lvl1 of the puppy cave, and on the second level ?

A forge AND an alter. first time ive seen the two together on one level.

so i decided to make him a neutral champ,im only lvl 6 but ive started sac'ing away for a while to get crowned at the minute.

any ideas on what i can do with the forge and the alter combo?

go back to the pool and go for an anvil and smithing?

is it worth my while, not being a weaponsmith and all?

spectre
03-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Yep, be sure to try smithing even if not a weaponsmith. You can still do basic stuff like unrust and repair. You can also improve items, bt not as much as a true adept. It also takes a bit more time, so you may want to take a few blessed scrlls of peace to stop corruption at the cave (not sure if there's much 'tho).
You also can't melt items into ignots, but that's not to big an issue.

As to the combos, I hop you didn't kill all the ants at the deeper levels yet. They'll dig a lot of ore for you.

Nurgle
03-11-2008, 03:51 PM
forgot about the ants. if i run past that level will the ants work away while im not there or do i have to be on the level for them to eat walls?

Baranor
03-11-2008, 04:25 PM
You have to be on the level. The level basically goes into suspended animations when you leave it. It's why the Barbarians Glade is a super safe place to leave stuff because if you just enter drop and leave he never has a chance to get to the spot where you dropped the loot.

spectre
03-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I recall somewhere in the guidebook saying that time doesn't pass if you're not on a level, but I haven't tested it too much to be honest.

Personally I would just create doors around the stairs and loiter there for a few Stomafillias worth of time.
Calming (as opposed to charming) them with music does work, but they'll fight with each other this wy, so you may not want to diminish your mining potential. That's what I do if I am low level though, or have used all the wands to pacify the big room with herbs already. Suppose it evens out when you have to kill one or two every once in a while when out collectng ore.