PDA

View Full Version : YAVP - Failed ULE (read the sad story) (1.0.0)

Chousuke
07-22-2008, 04:17 PM
I actually won this a while ago already... Just didn't get around to posting it here.
I'm going to assume people to know YAVPs are spoily so there is no spoiler space.

I played the game on the server, so you can read the .flg at
http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/chousuke/ariel.flg

I originally intended to make this character an Ultra winner, but that dream was wrecked due to a very simple mistake.

As you can see from the flg, I already had every part of the trinity, too. Some readers might guess the reason for failure from my artifact list :)

However, let's start from the beginning.

I had a very tough time finding any decent spells. Luckily enough I started with Lightning bolt, but I didn't find my next damaging spell until Clevel 16! On top of that, my best weapon was a measly orcish spear until I got the sword of nonnak and decided to start using that.

Despite the lack of offensive ability, I had little trouble surviving. (Protector being a precrowning gift might have had something to do with it.) Missiles are awesome. :) I was also rather lucky throughout the game; When I did ToEF, on my way out I killed a red dragon that dropped a steel amulet...

Fast forward a bit, with khelly saved and the RoTMC in my possession and some uninteresting levelling in the middle, I got to Lv30 and decided it was time for the unicorn quests and gaab'baay. Having cleared the bug temple and saved Khelly, I decided to kill the white unicorn; got 6 PoGAs for that, and then I killed the Black unicorn too :P

after satisfying the ratling gaab'baay told me to get a giant boar skull, as usual... "Great", I thought, "now comes the tedious part" ... How wrong I was: first encounter in the wilderness was a boar that dropped a skull. I had similar whacky luck with the farmers: I found one in HMV, and after killing it, it left a corpse... only that rot a few squares before I got to Gaab'baay. I was rather pissed, but then I moved two squares left and saw another farmer... and it dropped a corpse too.

With the gaab'baay quests done I converted to L+ and got myself crowned with Shock immunity and Justifier. It was time for some leveling and the BDC. I had a *lot* of fun with Death ray there! Line up seven or so ancient dragons and/or wyrms and blast them all with a single bolt. I wonder if there's any way to gain exp in the game that is *more* effective. Oh, and I had had intrinsic invisibility for a while already.

Somewhere around this time I found a greater red dragon vault. Lots of loot.
There I also found a RoDS which I used for rings of TC (I really had nothing else I needed)

After that, I was Lv 50 and it was time for the filk quest.

My first kill was an outlaw, which meant filk was on ID:14.

I went there, used a wand of monster detection (paying no attention to other monsters). Teleported closer to filk...

The situation was something like this:

.V..
.@.q

and I reflexively pressed "up" to kill the pesky monster

Except it didn't die; it exploded.

:(

RIP filk, RIP my Ultra.

After that, I was sligtly pissed. I went to the mad minstrel and killed him.

Then I went to the mana temple and killed everything there using a wand of fireballs and some arrows (Nuurag never even touched me)

Then I went to D:50 and killed everything there too. The balors had no chance against a teleporting me.

After that, I cleared myself out of corruption and left the Chain...

I should've drunk my heap of booze, would've made a nice final screenshot.

sgeos
02-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Harsh. I didn't an ultra could be taken from someone like that. Scary stuff.