PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?

B_C_
08-14-2008, 01:40 AM
I was pacifying the Big Room with a lvl 11 Trollish Healer. RNG was good to him but he needed some stomafillia. Made a tunnel, put some green worms in there.

I had been using the worms for target practice and I had killed around 1100. Now I know that monsters get tougher as you kill lots, but I was having no problems with them other than their high DV/PV. They were doing me ZERO damage and I was blocking most of their hits with my shield anyway. ALL OF A SUDDEN! "The green worm critically hits you! The green worm critically hits you! You die..." WTF???? Those 2 hits took me from 209 to -190.

How can this be possible? They must have had HORRIBLE to-hits but been doing MASSIVE damage so once they got just enough to-hit to hit me the damage was overwhelming. I just don't understand how their to-hit and damage could grow so differently.

Silfir
08-14-2008, 03:46 PM
More likely, if you were fighting masses of green worms, was that the last you killed made way for the uber-green worm.

And I have to say, with 1100 killed it was already a miracle you survived for so long. Worms are DANGEROUS.

B_C_
08-14-2008, 07:44 PM
So there's a certain point where they go from being just annoying to uber-powerful? I knew what I was doing was dangerous, I just thought it would be more gradual.

Silfir
08-15-2008, 04:15 PM
That's how it is with worms, and with battle bunnies too. Let this be a lesson :)