PDA

View Full Version : YAVP, Testar DE Farmer (ULE)

maddog
08-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Since I dont feel a VP could or should be limited to 10k characters it can be found at rec.games.roguelike.adom.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.roguelike.adom/browse_thread/thread/b4507b402c55f887#

magellan
08-22-2008, 09:07 AM
congratz!

but i am slightly confused by this sentence: "The
talents are nice, but lacks balance. Some are relative (i.e. 10%
higher damage per energy on missile attacks), while others are
absolute (+1 damage on melee. which is this win translates to about
0.5% more damage per energy)."

The only talent i can think of that mentions Energy is something that says "missile attacks are 10% cheaper in energy costs" or something like that. That doesnt mean it increases damage, it makes you shoot faster. Can it be that we have a missunderstanding here? :confused:

maddog
08-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Not really, but I am just using comparable terms. And the best way to compare damage is to look at how much damage you cause pr 1 energy spend (or 100 energy doesn't matter). +1 damage on melee (the Aggresive talent) translates into a very very small increase on damage caused pr. 100 energy for a well geared level 50 character, whereas Quick Shot and Lightning Shot translates into a MASSIVE increase on missile damage pr 100 energy.
Basically I would love to see the talents having roughly the same worth on the same tier (i.e. that talents which require 3 prequisite talents all have roughly the same worth) and remain viable throughout the entire game. If.. say Mithril Skin gave +8% DV it would actually be worth something even in the late game.

magellan
08-25-2008, 05:47 AM
ahhh now i got you.
Though i must say i dont think you can compare it 1 to 1 like that.
higher rate of fire = more tries that may or may not it and may or may not penetrate PV and uses more ammo
+ 1 to damage Always gets applied, since it only effects the attacks that acutally hit and the chance to penetrate PV gets higher with it.

Though yeah, there are some talents that hardly ever see use.