PDA

View Full Version : always being teleported....

ftralves
09-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Why am i always being teleported, no matter what dungen i am.
its not a teleportation trap, the message just says "you were suddenly teleported to somewhere else"
and its happening very frequently.....
why is it so?

Baranor
09-19-2008, 07:13 PM
You either received the Astral Planes corruption, drank from a pool and got the "You feel jumpy" message, ate a pixie archer corpse, or have a -foo- of teleportation on.

All of these things give you the "You teleport." intrinsic. Unless you have teleport control you will randomly teleport around the level you are on. If you have teleport control, you still teleport randomly, but you get to decide where you go.

Sradac
09-19-2008, 08:21 PM
I loath having the teleportation intrinsic. Even with tele control it always interupts my fights. My suggestions is hang out in the first 5 or so levels of the ID until you find a blink dog. slaughter it and eat its remains!

ftralves
09-21-2008, 03:12 AM
I got it by eating a pixie archer corpse.
You are saying that by eating a blink dog i?ll get cured?

is there any other way?

Travis Prue
09-21-2008, 04:15 AM
ring of teleport control or drinking from a pool are two other ways, although i DONT recommended pool drinking <<

Laukku
09-21-2008, 06:04 AM
The only way to CURE teleportitis is to lose it by pool drinking. Which is a serious balance problem IMO. If you are a spellcaster and there are no pools left, finding a corruption-free non-teleport level will be very difficult. That's a pretty big punishment for accidentally eating a pixie corpse or a little pool drinking.

Silfir
09-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Um... "A little pool-drinking" will not cause all the pools in the game to disappear! Don't forget there's a place with a LOT of pools. People who drink them all generally know the risks. (Or, I daresay, SHOULD know them.) It's true that it's going to be very hard to get a non-corrupting no-teleport level, seeing as there are none, and you can only "make" them with a lot of scrolls of peace. You can still use the Water Temple level, which is generally rather low on background corruption. It's a rather mild penalty, compared to other stuff that can happen if you do something without knowing what you're doing.

Sradac
09-21-2008, 08:00 PM
eating a blink dog corpse dosent cure it, it gives you teleport control so when you do teleport you can choose where to go. if you just choose where you are then you dont go anyplace. it can give you a few steps away from the foo you are fighting to get some ranged attacks in.

edit -
oh yeah great work with your site silfir, im having tons of fun on my samurai. combination of the hermit and ninja on the newest monk guide.

ftralves
09-22-2008, 04:35 AM
I got cured, but by drinking from a pool now i am invisible al the time.
Its usualy very good, but i am not alowed to enter the arena,
how can i cure myself or supress the invisibility effect just for a while?

Silfir
09-22-2008, 09:24 AM
The only way to do that is by drinking a potion of visibility, a somewhat rare object. I'm not sure whether they work the longest blessed or cursed. Either way, one potion will probably not last you through twenty fights. I usually do 19 of the fights the first time I reach the arena, so just in case I obtain permanent invisibility before I can win the arena one potion of visibility will last me.

vogonpoet
09-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Depends how kick ass your attack is - if you don't waste any turns doing pointless stuff like picking up your cash, or wandering around inside the arena, and kill everything quickly, 2 blessed potions of visibility might be enough. Finding even one !oVis is tricky though...

Laukku
09-22-2008, 03:37 PM
"A little pool-drinking" will not cause all the pools in the game to disappear!

Sorry, I was just exaggerating :P I remember having a character that had emptied all pools, without getting rid of it. Then, I had finally found another pool (deep in CoC, last in the whole game). Then it disappeared on the very first sip. >:( Maybe I just have bad memories.