PDA

View Full Version : Help me....

melphen
03-07-2008, 01:45 AM
I played this game some 10 years ago as a freshman in high school. A good friend showed me the game and the depth struck me and I started playing that day. I played for a while and never really got anywhere impressive but I remember him talking about getting to all this great things, and all this great puzzles. I think I got to the arena often, and that seems to be about it.

Anyway, the point is I haven't played this game in almost 8 years now and I remember nothing, and I'm sure things have changed some too. Where can I go to get more information. I started in the other day and I remember somethings, but I remember pieces and we all know that isn't enough to play this game at all. Is there a newbie help file, or a starters guide or something I can get to? Any help would be great. Thanks for your time.

Travis Prue
03-07-2008, 01:51 AM
http://www.andywlms.com/adom/
Warning: Contains Spoilers

Dorten
03-07-2008, 03:53 AM
The ingame help is a great place to start. It covers most of the info, you'll need to play the game comfortably.

And the waring for ADoMGB should be more like: "OMFG!!! huge freaking spoilers!!!!" I'd advised you to read it only after some playing (for a month or two at least), or read only the parts concerning the most basic game mechanics, cause the plot-describing parts really spoil the game experience.

Sradac
03-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Another good thing to remember, if you start with healing, do guth'alaks quest or the puppy quest first. if you DONT start with healing, do the healer quest first either from the lawful or chaotic end both get you thesame skill. Another thing i like to do before going anyplace else, step into the small cave then leave so its easy when i come back later lol.

Congnito
03-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Another good thing to remember, if you start with healing, do guth'alaks quest or the puppy quest first. if you DONT start with healing, do the healer quest first either from the lawful or chaotic end both get you thesame skill. Another thing i like to do before going anyplace else, step into the small cave then leave so its easy when i come back later lol.

ive played adom for years, not so much since wow come out, but my gosh i cant belive i never did that,
i

Nearsighted
03-08-2008, 03:26 AM
ive played adom for years, not so much since wow come out, but my gosh i cant belive i never did that, lol

That blanket is a lifesaver, though, so I tend to hop in there almost first. (almost)

Melphen, the best, advice I can give is don't look for a guide. Find a good friend and introduce them to the game, getting them up to your speed. Trading secrets and working things out together after that is the most fun someone could ask for. Took me about 7 years to beat ADOM that way, but it was totally worth it. If your looking for hints, consult the mad minstrel... ;)

gut
12-04-2010, 04:59 PM
> I played this game some 10 years ago as a freshman in high school. A good friend showed me the game and the depth struck me and I started playing that day. I played for a while and never really got anywhere impressive but I remember him talking about getting to all this great things, and all this great puzzles. I think I got to the arena often, and that seems to be about it.

Anyway, the point is I haven't played this game in almost 8 years now and I remember nothing, and I'm sure things have changed some too. Where can I go to get more information. I started in the other day and I remember somethings, but I remember pieces and we all know that isn't enough to play this game at all. Is there a newbie help file, or a starters guide or something I can get to? Any help would be great. Thanks for your time.

You'll prolly wanna google adom guidebook. Good luck, and
hope you do really well.

Laukku
12-04-2010, 05:09 PM
please quit responding to a game that has been over for 6 months

Oh the irony...

Ybirk
12-04-2010, 08:39 PM
The thing that really helped me advance in playing skill were Gut and Fazisi's "let's play" walkthroughs. You should be warned that they contain massive spoilers and dark side strategies but very helpful none the less.

gut
12-04-2010, 09:00 PM
>> Originally Posted by gut
please quit responding to a game that has been over for 6 months

> Oh the irony...

Oh, the obliviousness. I should have forseen this, actually.

You will note that my post is not preceded by a bot post. In addition,
it is the fist post ever made on these forums. Read, joke.