PDA

View Full Version : Found the new hardest roguelike

Sradac
10-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Decker. You play as a hacker, hacking into computer system. Thats where the complay takes place inside a computer matrix. Its so challenging. It pisses me off actually lol

http://www10.caro.net/dsi/decker/

Petra
10-20-2008, 12:34 AM
It's hard but it's not a roguelike.

Grey
10-20-2008, 01:27 AM
Turn-based, tiled strategic game with randomly generated environments. #It's even been reviewed on Temple of the Roguelike. The definition of roguelikes is a little greyed these days, especially with some of the odder 1kb RLs and 7-day RLs.

Anyway, that review on TotRL wasn't too positive, and said that once you got the hang of the game it was easy enough and quite boring. Think I'll give it a miss until it's been refined a little more...

bjarketp
10-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Allows saving without quitting and death does not mean game over.

Not a roguelike.

Decent game though.

Oh and a good Decieve program makes it a lot easier.... each time you are queried just use decieve. When stealing files decieve every program in the storage thingie. Only mission where decieve cannot carry you through is crash mainframe missions.

For those, decieve your way into CPU room, then use silence and kill all the ice there, keeping silence active.

Sradac
10-20-2008, 02:40 PM
you guys must have never died then, because death DOES mean death. you take damage when you get ejected from the mainframe by being taken out by security measures, if your health drops to 0 then its game over.

Zeno
10-31-2008, 08:36 AM
For me, roguelikeness of Decker is heavily reduced by the fact that the structure of "game board" is completely different. It is composed of separate "nodes", and nodes are not composed of grids as we have in Rogue (they are drawn as if they were, but this is just graphical and has no effect on gameplay).