PDA

View Full Version : Flowing Story

ivoryknight
10-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if JADE could have the characters you play effect every other character that follows. So that a kind of timeline would form, and it would be cool if exceptionally good characters you played were added to the game as NPC's that your next character could interact with. A really, really exceptional character could even become a demi-god, or full deity, maybe. What does everyone else think?

Sradac
11-08-2008, 07:20 AM
i think this was discussed before somewhere, where you could play in the same world over and over or generate a new world like dwarf fortress. you could share worlds with other players too. it would solve a lot of the guides on the net saying go to 3x29y to find this super rare weapon. similar to bones files in nethack also. not sure if it will be in but i know it was brought up before. i had this whole thing going on about how you can even find the body of your old player, search the reamins, find the local orc tribe dragged off his artifact spear and is worshipping it as a god, and you could even encounter undead versions of your former self that would be TOTALLY challenging. Only problem with that is you could only have 1 character at a time in a world, as if you play your drakeling monk, save it, then go on to your human fighter and save it it would overwrite what the monk did in their world. oh well.

Chaine
11-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Yup, I love the idea. In Dwarf Fortress I think you can play up to 50 games in a single world. You can reclaim old fortresses that you have made that somewhy failed and such.
Each new game (unless you chose otherwise) starting at the end of the last and such would be pretty nice. Especially I like the idea of becoming a diety in later games. As an example if one of the endings is becoming a diety actually being worshipped (or being completely forgotten and only worshipped by thugs) in a later game would be awesome.
Finding some things left by the first character, items left and all such is also a good idea - although finding your old "Great Warhammer of Allslaying" day one would be pretty unbalanced. Perhaps setting each game one year after the last one would balance things out (only being able to find a tombstone and some leveled item the player was buried with)? I like the idea of fighting an undead version of yourself, as long as you're not extremely strong and died on -1 on your way up from a deep dungeon.