PDA

View Full Version : Brinkster?

gut
11-06-2008, 05:47 AM
Is the Brinkster board out of action for everybody, or did
Jan Erik finally come to his senses and ban me?

Silfir
11-06-2008, 10:21 AM
As much as I'd like to believe the latter, Brinkster doesn't let me through either, so it probably has something to do with the server blowing up or other problems with the site itself. (Because there is no way that he would ban ME at the same time, nosiree.)

Soirana
11-07-2008, 08:40 AM
does not work for me either. May be they banned all three of us?

Sulangatori
11-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Curses!

Grey
11-07-2008, 02:26 PM
I can get through just fine - he must have banned you all. I was wondering why it's been so quiet there lately...

...Only joking, been getting "The page cannot be found" all week.

Jan Erik
11-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah something is messed up on Brinkster's side. Trying to view the root folder I just get an error saying the site is temporarily unavailable, trying to open anyting else just give a straight up 404 not found error...

I've logged in and verified that all the files are there and that the acount haven't expired while I wasn't looking or anyting so pretty sure it's just some messed up config on the webhosting side of things. I've send an e-mail to the support desk, hopefully they can sort it out in short order.

gut
11-08-2008, 09:18 AM
That's very good to know, I was kind of worried there for a bit.
I was thinking "Oh no, if the site's shut down for good... all that
info is lost!"

Jan Erik
11-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Ok should be back up now. The official reason seems to be that the "website stopped"...

Should have learned my lesson by now, always use the live chat support, the operator fixed the problem in a minute where the e-mail support only gave me a one liner about a domain name that must have been intended for another custumer and closed my support ticket... Oh well.:confused:

vogonpoet
11-13-2008, 03:06 PM
I still can't find brinkster :(

Grey
11-13-2008, 03:59 PM
I can get on fine. Posted about a new random character contest over there, since it's been a while.

Soirana
12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
It is just me or brinkster is not available again?

Grey
12-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Indeed, like the ebb and flow of the tides brinkster has once more disappeared into the mist...

Jan Erik
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Yeah it's getting seriously anoying. Been on the chat with support three times last week. They restart the service and it works fine for a little while (30 minutes - a few hours) and then just grind to a halt again, and no one can seem to be eable to explain why.

Think I was close to 50% downtime in November, they better get their act together soon :mad:

Jan Erik
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
OK, they are telling me the problems should be resolved now (and be better than ever).

Some unexpected memory related problems after changing the hosting system over from using shared memory to individual application pools aparently.