PDA

View Full Version : Raisting Attributes

Kato
03-13-2008, 03:30 PM
I see screen shots and other various bits from people and they all seem to have their stats up in the 20's and 30's. The highest I have ever had a stat was 29..and the next highest stat on that character was a 22. I've tried to use some of the herbs to boost stats...but I guess I just don't quite understand the mechanics of raising a stat. Can anyone give me some good advice and tips or a guide on how to successfully raise your stats? I don't save scum and have never gotten a character past the EEoF. ehehehe

Baranor
03-13-2008, 05:17 PM
A big method that people use is a ring of weakness. Kill Giants, orges, or whatever. Drop stuff so as to not be crushed. Put on ring to lower strength. Eat corpses gain lots of strength due to low strength stat. Remove ring. People pump strength to 99 this way. Sickness to lower toughness to allow extra pumping with herbs above the normal levels. I'm not the biggest fan of this strategy because it uses a game mechanic in a way that it was not designed.

Using Herbs is very important. 4 MoM is good and 8 MR are needed to get the maximum training.

gut
03-13-2008, 05:27 PM
After training your stats, you can drink a cursed
potion of exchange. This will swap some of your
stats around, allowing the some of the others to
also be raised, by means of herbs.

Macros
03-13-2008, 06:55 PM
You can train your Dex, To and Wi with herbs. Morgia root will train your toughness and willpower, two morgia roots will train your toughness, and four will train willpower. So unless Wi is already at 25, it's better to eat 4 morgia roots at once. If stats are at they potential maximum, double amount of herbs is required. Same thing with moss of maerilion - two of them will train dexterity and four is required if dex is at it potential maximum(avoid cursed herbs here). It's possible to train those stats to higher value by abusing sickness/starvation.

Other source of high stats are potion of stat gain, and potion of gain attributes. Remember to always bless your potion before you drink it, and try not to drink your potions before To,Wi and Dex are at 25(so you won't train it further with herbs).

You can also give gold to Garth in dwarf town. I don't remember exactly how much money is needed for effective training - you can always check it in GB.

Certain monster's corpses can also increase your stats(like ogres/giant for strength, if strength<20(around)).

You can train your strength(if it's less than 18) by walking on burdened/strained or strained!. It's very useful in early game for weak characters.

Kato
03-17-2008, 08:30 PM
I have a question then. I have a character that I am really pleased with. When I hit "Alt-q" and it shows my character info, it says that my Will and toughness are both at their max. 20 and 15 respectively. They are brown in color and not yellow.

Will continueing to eat more herbs raise this? I think this is where I usually get stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

gut
03-17-2008, 08:45 PM
You will need to eat 8 morgia roots to increase your willpower max.
4 morgia to increase toughness max, and 4 moss to increase your
dexterity max. Once your stats hit 24, with the max increased to
25, that is the time to gobble about ~25 morgia at a time. This
will give an additional point, maybe two. It also works with moss.

Kato
03-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Ok. So eat them all at once and just wait I take it?

Edit: Oh..and something I noticed here, but I would eat just two Morgia roots and both my Will and Toughness would go up at the same time :D I have been eating some Moss here and there...two at a time (Dex is a 21 right now) and my Dex hasn't budged. Not at all and it's not maxxed out. Frustrating.

Baranor
03-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Generally if you have a good enough farm, you can afford to use 4 moss and eat 8 morgia each time. That will ensure that you get the max bonus even if it is overkill.

Grey
03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Don't eat moss of mareilon! That doesn't do anything. You have to 'U'se it (or 'u'se from the tool slot) to get a dex increase.

Kato
03-18-2008, 11:56 AM
lol. I've been eating them and not using them. Good thing I haven't eaten too much moss :D But my Morgia supply is beginning to run low. I need to find some more herb bushes.

Macros
03-18-2008, 04:18 PM
But my Morgia supply is beginning to run low. I need to find some more herb bushes.

With herbalism skill and 2x2 herb bush, you can get indefinite amount of morgia(or any other herb), they will regenerate with time. First you need to use herbalism skill on herb, then you can pick it up as long as herb bush isn't withered(so you can pick it up without any risk when it's full blossom or strong) otherwise there is big chance that herb will disappear.

Kato
03-18-2008, 04:45 PM
aahhh...I knew that they regenerated in a 2x2 area (or they can even grow out of that area :( ), but I didn't know how to tell the withered part and strong and full blossom. Thanks!

Kato
03-18-2008, 09:57 PM
You know...I still can't get my dex to budge from a 21. I have now been "using" the mosses and nothing. I have used about 24 of them. I even spent 10k in training with Garth. Nothing. I have a question though...

I am carrying around close to 10k in weight. The Atlas spell is awesome. Could this be what is causing my dex to never go up? Am I still abusing my dex even though I am not burdened maybe?

Macros
03-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Strength of the atlas shouldn't be a problem here. Check if your dexterity is already at it's maximum potential. Also check if you're not using cursed moss of maerilion. I'm assuming here that you're not using any +dexterity items(so your base dex is 21, but overall dex is higher than that), if yes - remove them. If none of above will work, maybe just wait, sometimes you need to wait for a while before game actually will make stats check. If that won't help, I have no idea.

Kato
03-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks Macros. I have purposely not worn my Bracers of War. My max Dex is 32...and I'm not wearing any other equipment that boosts my dex. My herbalism is 100% and I've only used normal and blessed moss's. I guess I just have bad luck with my dex. I'll keep boosting and waiting.

I have had to put on my bracers for short periods of time. Like beating the skeleton for the Ring of the High King...but as soon as I'm done, I take them off. Guess I'm just not lucky with that one, but I have been able to increase my Willpower and Toughness! YAY!

rmcin329
03-19-2008, 07:08 PM
for those wanting to know how much to pay garth heres a link about it(however prices shown aren't always accurate). Also just to warn you this link also contains spoilers on dwarftown in general too, so don't visit it if you don't want to be spoiled http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adomgb-2-5.html . Anyways i've got other links on useful stuff such as the deitys, and other things if anyone needs them. Just let me know if you do.