PDA

View Full Version : I did it, i finaly did it!!!!

MOTA
11-11-2008, 06:25 PM
I know completing the game isn't a big thing for all you hot shots out there.....but it is for me!!!I've beebn trying to beat this game for about 6 years now...and today i finaly managed it. I'd also like to point out that i have not read the guidebook and am only very slightly spoiled. I was intending to read all the spoily stuff after i had completed the game, however im sure i have missed so much that i'd be dragged back into the game, something i don't want to do!!!!!

The character himself was a level 50 grey elf wizard.(will attatch the memorial file)

"Outlaw leader" (named after his first kill) started off life as just another character for me. That is to say, he had no chance of getting beyond level 20 and no chance of completing the game! Nothing much to report much about the early game, infact there was so little going on in the game that i decided i was getting bored and that i wanted to play with another character. Not wanting to quit outright i though id commit suicide by going into the fire tower! This decision marked a big change in the game for me, at only level 16 i completed the tower. This is completely unheard of for me, i userly die in there even with a level 25 character. It was made easyer by that fact i have immunity to fire. After that, things got interesting. Now, bear in mind that this is about as far as ive ever got in the game, so everything from here on in is news to me. The first thing i discovered was the elemental gauntlets. I always noticed they appeared in the "generated arifacts" list and just thought they were one of the random ones that some how i missed. Never really mattered much as you only get to see the list once your dead! I was doing the graveyard "portal" mission and hit the wrong key, cast magic mapping and saw there was a hidden room. What a stupid way to find out!!!!One of the most amazing things i also found out about was the library. Have always wanted to know what was in the rift but had never been able to climb down it!!!!You have no idea how suprised i was to find all those spell books!!!!!it was like chrismas had come early!!!!Even found some spells I'd never even heard of "wish" being one of them. Never cast it though :( needed 3000 pp. Am i right in thinking after that i had every spell in the game? It doesnt really matter, what does is the fact that i was almost unstoppable. I destoyed everything and anything that got in my way!!!Air temple and Earth Temple were EASY (thank you improved fireball). At this point i thought i was getting a little head of myself. Time to do some exploring. found my way to the "???" area (another mistake with magic mapping to find the room with the stairs!!!)and got the quest to kill some "lightning". hmmm, interesting.....and quite easy really. Ball spell = one dead quickling. several hundred acid bolts later an emperor moloch was equaly dead, and check out that nice armour hes left me :):):) The next remarkable thing to happened was my death!!!! Some barstard harcore "Chaos Archmage" in the mana temple good me good and proper, or atleast that what he thought. Amulet of life saving.....i do love you. But i was getting the hell out of there. decided i needed some more training and better stuff. went out to world map and tried to enter bug temple....dont know why but couldnt get in :S.....im sure i could always get in no matter what level i was on my old version:S:S:S.....anyway.....killed the assassin dude in "????".....hoping he might give me some xp....not much luck but he did drop an artifact dagger. Wasnt that good but hey, i love artifacts. some old worm thought it would be a good idea for me to kill his ancient enimy....so i did.....and got another artifact....cant remember what it was....might have been another dagger.....and loads of xp!!!!was getting a bit bored at this point so thought it was time to bite the bullet and take on the mana temple...... again......didnt seem so hard the second time arround. I was alot stronger and the main guy was outside the temple so those bloody eyes couldnt eat my mana. Now by this time i had used up all my scrolls of chaos resistance so i decided to drag his sorry excuse of a corpse back to the druid and got a potion. Even after blessing it only took away 2 out of 10 or 11 of my corruption. SHIT! but hey, the druid wants me to go help a noble creature....why not....killed the black unicorn....quite easy really....and i was so thankful for the reward from the white unicorn!!!Went back to talk to the druid, and to my suprise he doesnt even give me anything. Cheapscate. I did howveer see somthing ive never seen before, a white @ wandering arround the village. Upon chatting to this guy i find its the mage i saved earlyer. Nice to know hes still hanging arround. Now, i was under the impression that i already had the trident the scroll for the emperor moloch was talking about. You know, i had found the underwater bit.....told the baby dragon where his mum is....and when i leveled up (cant remember what level it was) got a hardcore trident. Ofcourse, i was thinking the scoll was pointless, whats the point in telling me about an item i already had.....hmmmm.....i was mistaken.....to say the least. gave the white @ the scroll and my jaw dropped to the floor. With my new weapon in tow i decided to go for it....chucked the orbs in there respective places and went down. Got rather confused but once i figured it out got the hang of it.....good use for some 300 si i had been carrying forever......L50 was easyer than i thought. killed everthing in sight and "h"ed some levers......left.....

Bit sad about my ending though.....

After he leaves the Drakalor Chain he is welcomed by his people with great
honors. They acknowledge his noble deeds, his valor, his cunning and his
great skills that helped to prevent the complete destruction of the world he
knows. His severe taint by the forces of Chaos prevents him from ever
leading a normal life. He always remembers the glorious deeds that took his
life away. His sacrifice is remembered in the stories of his people, but not
in their hearts. He ends his life in loneliness and isolation.

If i had saved the unicorn quest reward till just before i left maybe i would have had a better ending.....but im not gonna start all over again just to find out....ive also prob missed loads out of the the game.....but thats it....im done....finally i have beat the game.....im done

Evil Knievel
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Cheers! Excellent!

Ars
11-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Well done! And in fact, you didn't miss out on too many things, with killing the Emperor Moloch and all.

gut
11-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Good job. How did you handle the Cat Lord? It seems
to me like he's the #1 killer for promising first winners : )

Silfir
11-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Just out of curiosity, did you try using the daggers? As in, both at the same time? ;)

Ars
11-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Good job. How did you handle the Cat Lord? It seems
to me like he's the #1 killer for promising first winners : )

I don't think the cat lord's that tough to beat with just normal means - melee, missiles, spells, depending what the char is best at, and a bit healing from piety or potions. Actually high piety can get you through almost anything.

MOTA
11-12-2008, 04:37 PM
bolted the "cat lord" to death.....whenever he got close teleported away.....simple but effective tactics.....

and no, dont think i ever used the daggers togther?why?

Laukku
11-12-2008, 05:18 PM
and no, dont think i ever used the daggers togther?why?

;) A fortune cookie message gives a hint:
Sting and Needle... Needle and Sting... twins they are and united they should be.(The names of the daggers are Needle and Sting, if you didn't notice.)

I can post a more spoily answer if you want.