PDA

View Full Version : Oopps!

Vale
12-01-2008, 10:44 PM
I had recently gotten a Dark Elven Archer to Dwarftown where i knew that there was a garrenteed alter so that i could turn my three potions of water into holy water.
but when i arrived i realized that the alter didnt match my alignment (fudge!!) so after sacing alot of stuff and dragon gold
Then i remembered that sacing creatures got alot more piety than otherthings so i waited for the Darkelven priest that happened to be in the temple so step onto the alter(BAD IDEA!!!) then i pressed O
But he didnt dissapear in a tower of flames(as i expected) but rather decided to zap me to death

Silfir
12-02-2008, 01:04 AM
"Hmmm, there's this temple and this priest..."

"Oooh, I know! I'll try to sacrifice him to his own god! That should go over well!"

Didn't mean to offend, but I found that bloody hilarious.

We all have our share of these deaths though... So don't feel bad or discouraged. Dealing with divine beings IS tricky sometimes. Hell, it's tricky every time.

gut
12-02-2008, 09:24 AM
That was hilarious, but I admit to having done the
exact same thing : )

"I think I'll sac this priest to his own diety. Well,
here goes-"

Come to think of it, that may be the reason why
the altar is never generated as chaotic. I wonder
what happens if you convert the altar to C, then
sac the priest. Should work then, right?

Grey
12-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Can you safely convert the altar if you lure the priest out and lure him back in again? (only way of doing that is with pets I guess)

coppro
12-03-2008, 12:50 AM
You could set up a wall of doors inside, perhaps?

Sradac
12-24-2008, 02:21 PM
if you convert the alter the priest becomes pretty upset, I know I tried that with a dark elf assassin before.

Elone
02-19-2009, 03:24 AM
Get an amulet of order from Tywat Pare early on, hopefully even before leaving the eastern area towards the CoC. If you do this early on, you can keep your alignment close to L at all times. This is mostly useful for A) Getting that altar generated white B) Going for UNE or ULE, when you need to switch back from chaotic C) Being L+ reduces the DL corruption effects by about 30%.