PDA

View Full Version : Secret Places

Epythic
03-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Are there any secrets that you've placed in the game that you're still waiting for people to find?
Yes :-) No, I don't provide spoilers

Any ideas?

EDIT: Source (http://rpgvaultarchive.ign.com/features/interviews/adom.shtml)

Grey
03-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, that was from '98, and there's been some discoveries since then :P

I'm not sure if all the ultras had been discovered (or even implemented) back then, but certainly the weird tome was still unknown. It was quite a long time actually before people figured out the exact requirements - there used to be discussions on RGRA about having to eat harpy corpses to get mute and lure the librarian out with a pet - all sorts of wild theories. Eventually people discovered that with 100 Stealth you could just hang around for x turns and that's all that was required.

Dragon gold doubling is a fairly recent discovery. Not sure if it was intended or not, but nobody noticed it until very late on.

On RGRA and the HoF forums it always still surprises me when new, undiscovered things crop up. It's a little rarer these days, but it's very interesting when it happens.

Hmm, one thing that certainly hasn't been discovered - all the blind messages in the game. For every effect in the game there is a blind equivalent (for if you're blind or in darkness), but no one's gone through the whole game blind. Some have tried mind (the Zen Monk challenge) but not gotten particularly far.

Epythic
03-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Thanks. Oh well, ten years ago... I didnt read the date...