PDA

View Full Version : YASD: I cant believe I did this

Sradac
01-02-2009, 01:42 PM
OK so swimming might be a worthwhile investment for me from now on. VERY promising level 19 GElf necromancer drowned in the water temple. Yeah thats right, drowned. I cast a frost bolt to make a bridge over the water. stepped on to finish the other side and the ice broke. ok i'll just finiish the other side while im in the water for my balor to get across. cast a frost bolt to make the other side of the bridge. Drowned!! I went from 119/149 hp to 0! I didnt evne make a flg i was so mad at myself but treasure hunter made this guys inventory awesome. so many potions and wands and scrolls i couldnt count them. And I had my Balor familiar from DH2. He cleared DH and the graveyard and the water temple without getting scratched. =\ very upset I loved my demon pet. Carelessness!!!

nathrakh
01-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Yea that sucks. I've grown to ALWAYS be VERY careful when around water. I double check everything so I won't drown. :D

Yep, swimming is useful and rather easy to get if you don't born with it. Altho it can be a pain in the ass to train so it's even slightly reliable.

Sradac
01-02-2009, 03:30 PM
no FLG but heres the notes i kept on him.

level 13 - crowned! got staff of the arch magi
level 15 - cleared dwarven graveyard, got elemental gauntlets
level 15 - got all my stuff cursed by neutral god, tried converting his altar with a ratling master theif =\
level 16 - cleared pyramid, advanced to 17 on killing rehetep
level 17 - became arena champ
level 17 -cleared gremlin cave. found scroll of education, gained the law skill. bah
level 18 - found black dragon scale mail on a steel golem in DF. got crown of science. lots of nice two handed weapons, wont use them. need the shield. 2nd pool i drank out of gave a wish! AoLS!
Got ring of the high king
Read scroll of familiar summoning in DH2. Got a balor!!!
Saved khelly, read a scroll of chaos resistance finally got rid of teleportitis.
Level 19 - Drowned in the water temple........

_Ln_
01-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Potions of carrot juice really help ;)
As for me, even if I have Swimming, I usually drop everything in the beginning of the level, like in the Tomb of the High Kings, before even thinking about making ice bridge. Water Temple is extremely easy, if you take out chaos servants first via missiles/magic, then drink potion of invisibility, get near the altar, read a scroll or
cast Darkness, switch tactics to berserk and slaughter everybody there, until you kill someone, that give you a lot of xp. In this way you don't need any equipment with you, except some extra potions of invis =)

Sami
01-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Sounds almost same as my possibly the worst YASD a few days ago. It was level 18-20 gnome archer who was planning for an ultra ending. I had something like 300 hp and did continue my previously saved game but didn't check what i was wearing... I thought i was wearing helm of water breathing but guess were i wearing it when I tried to cross a wide river? :(