PDA

View Full Version : Greater Molochs really do hurt

Lich
01-08-2009, 12:12 AM
This is a mindcrafter I'm playing to get more familiar with them in preparation for my guide, and it went pretty well. Technically, he has already won, so I'm posting this here more for the 'S' than the 'D'.

Basically:
Xiao, the hurthling mindcrafter, was killed by a greater moloch (after winning).

This is the first time I've gotten the TotRR, and I've encountered 2 greater moloch "tension rooms" in the cavernous levels (BDC and D47). So I was pretty excited and thought: let's give it a whirl. It worked amazingly well, I was killing one GM per 5 hits (a balor came to mess things up and I killed it in 3). I cleared the first bunch, and moved on to the second place. I did the hack 'n back around a corner and lost sight of the GM. I then curiously peered into the corridor only to find it staring at me in the face. Hilarity ensued.

And finally:
The following monsters were vanquished:
1 emperor moloch
30 greater molochs

I did learn a lot of legitimate things about playing mindcrafters too, but I won't go into them here; read my guide when it comes out.

psy_wombats
01-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I had someone die that way after wishing for the GM in the small cave. He killed 20 before he died though.