PDA

View Full Version : Z A

saladman
02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Z A

Normally that's the shortcut to "exit current menu" then "apply a skill". For some reason, just this one time, it meant "exit current menu, then zap a wand of ball lightning in the middle of Waldenbrook's shop and piss off Waldenbrook".

After playing very carefully for a few days, ADOM is not very forgiving of slight carelessness just once.

vogonpoet
02-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Ah yes, the wonderful difference between Z A and Z Z A, I too have had characters die such a death...

One of the advantages of playing ADOM for much too long is that ones typing accuracy ends up much improved...

Epythic
02-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Ah yes, the wonderful difference between Z A and Z Z A, I too have had characters die such a death...

One of the advantages of playing ADOM for much too long is that ones typing accuracy ends up much improved...

Been there, seen it. Could not agree more.

But then, isn't that what we love about ADOM ? ;)

gut
02-07-2009, 09:05 AM
> One of the advantages of playing ADOM for much too long is that ones typing accuracy ends up much improved...

I nearly changed my sig. The one I have now is just too accurate though : )

EDIT: Almost forgot...
My favorite typographical suicide is to hold the 'a' button down a bit too long.

1st press. 'a'pply a skill
2nd press 'a'lchemy please
3rd press 'a' potion of water
last press 'a'nd one more potion of water
Hello afterlife.

mike
02-08-2009, 05:19 AM
For me, the one time that happened, it was going for a teleport and hitting lightning bolt. Nothing like being prompted for (more) and just not wanting to press space.

Elone
02-19-2009, 02:29 AM
Yes Gut, that's when you pick items up. You hold A to pick up all of them, keyboard repeat rate kicks in, and kills you via alchemy. Your rival, Grey, sees KRR as the 8th evil from the 10th circle of Hell. I on the other hand learned to pick items up via that key which lets you mark all items, and then hit Space to confirm. Plus, my KRR is set from default to max, within first 10 minutes of each reinstallation of my OS.