PDA

View Full Version : Teleportitis w/o Teleport Control

PMJ
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Well, yes, I'm pretty noobish to this game. My best char so far is a level 14 High Elf Wizard, who is still alive, but seems to be failing a bit in the power department...

But anyway, this post isn't about her, it's about my lvl 11 dwarven paladin who was kicking total butt... until Teleportitis. You see, as a noob, I didn't realise that every so often, eating a pixie would give you teleporting disease. I was hungry, so I ate a dead pixie... "I felt jumpy"... next thing I know, I'm jumping all over the map without rhyme or reason as to when or where.

At first, it didn't really bother me, and was kind of fun. It was kind of annoying, but every so often it would come in handy, and even saved my butt from a bad surrounding in the big room.

Then I got unlucky, and went on a corpseless spree... which lead me to become hungry.

No problem, right? Dwarf town is only a floor or two away, and I saw some rations in the shop.

Well, needless to say, a few bad teleports took me way away from the stairs, and before I knew it, I'm Hungry! right as I run into a dark elven summoner... Spiders --> Poison --> Starving --> Death

Oh well... lesson well learned. Don't eat pxies until you've eaten a blink dog first!

vogonpoet
02-12-2009, 01:45 PM
There should be no need to starve to death in the CoC... the arena usually contains nutrition-selling monsters.

psy_wombats
02-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Either that or just pray for satiation.

PMJ
02-12-2009, 10:31 PM
As I said, I'm kind of noobish still, and hadn't stocked up on the lizards on sticks.

Further, I didn't actually die from the starvation, but it was a contributing factor. I hit Hungry! about the time i got surrounded by spiders/tarantualas. I thought I'd be able to battle my way to the stairs before in time... I hit starving and was poisoned, and then the spiders were able to finish me off despite my cowardly setting.

In the future I will definitely stock up at the arena

gut
02-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Sometimes drinking potions can help. Even if they are
unidentified, it's sometimes worth it. You may even
get lucky with a potion of toughness : )

_Ln_
02-13-2009, 04:18 PM
>No problem, right? Dwarf town is only a floor or two away, and I saw some rations in the shop.

I recommend you to stay away from shops with teleportisis) I remember some accidents with my chars, who were unlucky to loose -TCtrl and tried to take some food from Waldy =) right after picking up rations or ogre corpses they were teleported away.. "Stop da thief!" and coin headshot)

JellySlayer
02-14-2009, 05:30 AM
If you get teleportitis, probably the best thing to do at that point in the game is head somewhere like the big room and just keep fighting and getting herbs until a pack of blink dogs spawn. My experience is that they spawn fairly frequently for characters with otherwise uncontrolled teleportation. As was mentioned, shopping with uncontrolled teleportitis is very dangerous because you can get teleported away before you pay for things.

GordonOverkill
01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
That's almost exactly what happened to me x-) Lvl. 13 gray elve mage getting desperately hungry, eating a pixie and getting in big trouble afterwards! Actually I managed to get out of the level on my last hp and now I'm wondering wether I should continue playing this mage or just let him die in some honest fight and start with a new char afterwards. I just think this might be somehow unfair since my mage did everything he could not to let me down ;-)

nathrakh
01-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Tip: blink dog corpses give teleport control.. Blink dogs are also summoners (they summon more blink dogs after some time).

Find a blink dog (good place is ID3-4), name it, run around it till it summons more blink dogs, kill the summons and repeat till you get a corpse.