PDA

View Full Version : something ADOM related or perhaps not

cygar
02-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi
Some time ago I saw a (parody of) "game" where you could sort of build your own ADOM. It was text-only and if I recall right you could for example post new version to the web, improve your existing project and so on.. the ultimate goal was to make ADOM version 1.0 (again, if I recall it right).
Alas, I cannot remember what it was called and I'm not sure if it's in the web anymore.
However, if anyone can help me find this little piece of software (if you know what I'm babbling about) I'd be grateful.

EDIT: Yes. it was a game/simulation of TB's life... mostly concerning ADOM.

Epythic
02-14-2009, 04:20 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You don't mean QHack (http://www.adom.de/misc/qhack.php3), do you?

In any case, I doubt such a thing would be any good - if it was, there would be thousands of ADOM's.

Why would you need something like that?

EDIT:
Haha, just read the QHack page again:
"...by defining tyopes that are..."
Somewhy "tyopes" sounds just like "typo" :D

Laukku
02-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I've played that game too - it's a "simulation" of TB's life, a very small game where each day you had to choose between fixing bugs, implementing a new feature or make some playtesting in ADOM. I don't think I have it anymore.

gut
02-15-2009, 09:56 AM
That's waaay different from what I thought
after reading the original post : ) I've never
played that before, but it sounds like it might
be fun. I may search for that on the web in a bit...

cygar
02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Yes, laukku is on the right track with this. Now if someone only could remember what the game/simulation was called...
And, it was fun to play in a weird way (imo).

p.s Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining things and it's been a while since I played the game in question.

Khelvaster
02-17-2009, 04:17 AM
It really wasn't fun at all. It was a clever parody, but it was *severely* limited game-wise.