PDA

View Full Version : Worst/Best RNG Moment!

Baranor
03-17-2008, 09:22 PM
What is everyone's worst and best RNG moments?

Best: First sip I ever took from a pool - What do you wish for?

Worst: The RNG must have rolled the most rediculously high roll ever! An Ogre Magus on D:1!

Kato
03-18-2008, 12:02 PM
lol. With my current character, it's the first time I've ever achieved a pre-crowning before. I feel lucky that my random artifact was the Bracers of War. Although...I haven't even been wearing them since I am trying to train up my dex a little more. But I'm also about to go in to the Graveyard...so I might put them on for when I go in there. This character has actually been lucky all around. When I was level 4, I found an adamantium long sword of devastation. That's been a HUGE help. As well as two amulets of free action. Lots of spells. All around, this has just been a really lucky character for me.

Orbic
03-18-2008, 12:32 PM
grr... tension room filled with Ogre Magus blocking the stairs to dwarftown. No cold protection means, no see invisible stuff = quick death.

ZeroTheBird
03-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Vault of Greater Titans.

Worst Player... ever
03-18-2008, 02:20 PM
The time I was poisoned, with 2 hp and no more prayers with a 2nd level character, drank from a pool out of desperation, and got a wish. I had to wish for Healing.

That sounds like a great RNG moment, but it's the only wish I have ever received and I'd like to have used it on something, you know... wish like.

A second pit viper trap killed that guy about 5 minutes later.

Macros
03-18-2008, 04:20 PM
With my current char, I founded in Waldenbrok shop in dwarftown, Ironfist gauntlets and amulet of life saving lying next to each other.

Grey
03-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Once upon entering a cavern level in the Tomb of the High Kings I got the "you feel threatened" message and saw over 30 lightning vortices just a couple of steps from me. I cast invisibility just in time.

Recently had the same thing but with blink dogs - that was insane. I tried fighting a few but it was soon obvious that it was hopeless. I donned a cloak of invis and avoided the level.

Pensive Koala
03-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Best RNG moment: gave up on finding an amulet of life saving, decided to do a normal ending, went down to Khelavaster's level...and found one in his room.

Worst RNG moment: in my first game, I didn't realize that you could search for secret doors. Somehow I got incredibly lucky and made it down to about D:35 without being unable to find the exit. Then I couldn't, so I restarted. About three days later, I was looking through the keys and noticed that you could search. A perfectly good level 50 multiple-artifact-wielding character had gone to waste...

Dorten
03-19-2008, 03:44 AM
A lvl1 char, PC1, a pool, drink... WISH!!! SLB!!! east, east, east, Acid trap..."Your seven league boots [+3;0] are destroyed"

gut
03-19-2008, 04:19 AM
Best rng moment is anytime my HP's go to 1.
Actually, that happens more than I care to
think about.

Worst rng moment: "You climb downward...
The lightning vortex engulfs you in a storm
of crackling lightning bolts...you die. Would
you like to see the last messages before
your death"?
Not much one can do there.

Grey
03-19-2008, 05:43 AM
HPs going down to 1 is because of Fate Smiles. The intrinsic gives a big chance that attacks that would otherwise kill you bring you down to 1 HP instead. One reason to get very close to a god early on...

Macros
03-19-2008, 06:26 AM
WISH!!! SLB!!! east, east, east, Acid trap..."Your seven league boots [+3;0] are destroyed"

You know that you can wish for more than one seven league boots? You just need to type "seven leagues boots" when asked what do you wish for.

The intrinsic gives a big chance that attacks that would otherwise kill you bring you down to 1 HP instead.

It's actually working only on critical hits, and it seems to be working always(for first hit of course - if you will receive more than one hit, you'll die anyway).

Dorten
03-19-2008, 07:35 AM
You know that you can wish for more than one seven league boots? You just need to type "seven leagues boots" when asked what do you wish for.

I know it now, but unfortunately I didn't at that time

Starhawk
03-20-2008, 09:23 AM
I was so excited... got "Ironfist" artifact gloves on LVL2 of the unremarkable dungeon...

Then the "Bracers of War" were available for sale in Dwarftown, as soon as I could scrape together 80k...

...then, a couple levels below Dwarftown, a living wall critted me THREE TIMES in a row while I was clearing a tension room. Instagib. :(

rmcin329
03-20-2008, 05:18 PM
best: You drink from the pool. What do you wish for?

worst: (after getting the above, because wanted some resistances) You drink from the pool. You become depressive(dooming)

Starhawk
03-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Yet another "worst":

"I want ye to slay a shadow lord to prove yer valor."

I've been DEEP into the game and never even seen one of these.

Macros
03-25-2008, 09:31 AM
I've been DEEP into the game and never even seen one of these.

Really? They are very rare in early game, but in mid and late game they're quite common(at least I never had problems with encountering them).

Starhawk
03-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Well, I haven't been deep that many times... hee hee hee. :p Still, as Thrundarr's first quest it was a stinker. I was kind of happy to lose that character.

Zargen
03-25-2008, 11:14 AM
The Best: Super Uber Pimped Out Troll of D00M

The Worst: Killing 30 Fire Drakes and then having Super Uber Pimped Out Troll of D00M getting killed three seconds later by a BUNNY

Siriah
03-25-2008, 12:39 PM
The best: Finding a crown of fire, two pairs of seven league boots and the bracers of war before even reaching dwarftown.

The worst: Doing the Tower of Eternal Flames with two blessed blankets of fire resistance, Lucky and Fate Smiles. Just after reaching the top level, both blankets burn within several turns from eachother.

deepshock
03-25-2008, 12:47 PM
"I want you to slay a dwarven chaos knight to prove your valor."

I got some things I want that idiot dwarf to do in order to prove his valor, but I'm not sure they're fit to print on this forum.

However, my best moment is getting an eternium 2HS in the Small Cave and tearing stuff up with that. That was when I got three Chaos Orbs, and the ONLY time I legitimately beat the ToEF.

warheart
03-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Not really my best/worst rng moments, just something that happened today with my char.

I'm playing a gray elf ranger and it's working quite good. I reached khelly and wanted to save him although i'm not going for an ultra, just for the SoCRs, that i haven't found any yet. So I've wasted lots of time in the ID looking for and AoLS or a wish, without success.

Having done most dungeons but CoC and ToeF I had found only 1 pool, so I decided to try if it was my lucky day. I go there, drink, snakes. Drink again, cursed. Drink again, and there it is, what do you wish? So I get my AoLS, go save khelly, go down to the graveyard, clear it, and a wraith drops another AoLS :P

Epythic
03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
and a wraith drops another AoLS :P

Dont complain! they are... helpful :)

EDIT: Actually, I don't really like them. I always wish for "JADE".
EDIT2: At least I say so.