PDA

View Full Version : Animated Forest...

RndmNumGenerator
03-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Well... you know that rule where you're not supposed to use Fireballs of any sort in the Animated Forest because they'll all turn against you? Well it looks like it's not just fireballs, but any kind of ball spell... including wands of ball lightning. I was cornered on all sides by hostile trees, so I figures the WoBL would kill one of them and give me a way out... well, it killed it (and two others) but all of a sudden I had a lot more then 8 hostile trees to deal with.

Silfir
03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
A wand of ball lightning doesn't shoot ball spells technically, but this is pretty important news! Generally I try to avoid using any kind of spell in the Forest though.

vogonpoet
03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, if its your PCs first crossing, and you find yourself having to try and fight to get to the stairs, then the chances are, you aren't going to make it...

Elone
03-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Sadly... alarm traps also make the forest hostile. I dont know if there is a way to make an alarm trap which will not turn the whole room hostile, but... that would be interesting to see. Or should I say "sit back and watch", if you know what I mean.

RndmNumGenerator
03-06-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm tempted to blow a wish on a Banshee in the forest, just to get rid of all the trees. The problem is, how do you dispose of the banshee after it's killed well over 200 monsters, and gained EXP to match?

sgeos
03-07-2009, 12:23 AM
I just ran away and left my banshee there. After getting to the shortcut, there is no need to hit the forest again unless you didn't get the ring.

Elone
03-07-2009, 01:18 PM
You cant get rid of the trees. They spawn at an even faster rate than monsters do in cavernous levels.

rmcin329
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
i wonder if you could kill off a lot of the trees with a banshee and then pacify some of the level with doors(from wands), making for less trees.