PDA

View Full Version : Idea for JADE

RndmNumGenerator
03-05-2009, 04:18 AM
While it would be nice in ADOM, I don't think we'll get any newer versions so I though I would post it here. What if, in JADE, you could tag a monster to be careful around it? Even if the monster is hostile, you will still get a "Are you sure you want to attack the X" message before actually attacking it. I think this would help a lot with accidental cat killing and karmic attacks.

magellan
03-05-2009, 09:43 AM
of course we dont know how jade will deal with such things, but wouldnt this make fore example the kitty quest 100% doable, all the time, every time (unless the kittys corner you) wich is kinda .... well bad?

Nezur
03-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Thomas hasn't said anything regarding the implementation of the cat quest in JADE. It may be that the game won't feature the quest, which is fine by me.

However, I do like the proposed interface convenience.

RndmNumGenerator
03-11-2009, 04:55 AM
Even without accidental cat killings, the quest is still very annoying. Having a Cave Lion follow you around for three dungeon levels getting attack in every once in a while is what makes the quest for the RotMC hard, not the holding down the left movement key and accidentally killing one. Your character has a certain amount of common sense, which is why you get the "Are you sure you want to attack the X?" messages. This would simply expand it to monsters your character knows are bad to attack.

Sadface
04-30-2009, 12:19 AM
But does your character really know cats are bad, or even what a Karmic lizard's defenses are? Maybe if they're a wizard or bard and know about the nature behind Karmics or the existence of the Cat Lord... when I first played the game, I didn't know Karmics were bad to attack in melee till I smacked one; cats I learned about after reading the Guidebook.

edit: wow, this is an old topic...uh, I sorry!