PDA

View Full Version : Drowned: swimming:50s, hp: 267

ragface
03-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Tried playing a human farmer.. went well untill I drowned at the water temple trying to leave..
fetched 3 arrows while in water tough.. and Drowned!!!
water can be unfair:( and I should be more careful..

AARGH! it was my first try as a farmer. they aren't actually THAT bad(didn't even farm herbs and started without learning(potion after killing a white worm that was hidden for a long time))..

Elone
03-06-2009, 04:57 PM
I agree, farmers are not all that bad. The guidebooks describe them as a difficult class. I played them, and they have proven quite well. In the early game, burden level and starvation issues are made a lot more favourable towards the newbie. Midway they get the bonuses to herbalism which tends to get handy. Their bonus means that picked herbs will almost always be blessed, and that there is a smaller chance that you will reduce the strength of a bush. Late-game, just like most other melee characters, they have to rely on items and equipment they find, so they are not at a real disadvantage when compared to them. It's not a difficult class. Unless any more difficult class than archers and wizards is considered 'difficult'.

Bottom line, dont give up on this good class just yet.

Nezur
03-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Any class can feel easy due to the random nature of the game.

Many years ago, in the late '90s, Thomas himself said the farmer class is meant to be more difficult than the other professions.

sgeos
03-06-2009, 07:08 PM
In my opinion, all classes can have an extremely strong end game. The problem is surviving until the mid-game.