PDA

View Full Version : Those Darn Shopkeepers.

Panda_Lord
03-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Well, I just had a really stupid death. My high elven archer, Kalvaar, had just encountered a ring shop during his adventures in the CoC. This ring shop was the biggest ring shop I had ever seen. It had a variety of rings in it that I had never seen (no Djinni Summoning, though). Among the many rings was a ring of Weakness. I read about how one could use this to get a really high strength, so I wanted to try it out. I went ahead and picked it up.

On my way to the shopkeeper, a dark elven priestess spawned. She summoned a lot of spiders, filling the shop, while she stayed safe and sound behind the shopkeeper. I fought wave after wave of spiders, trying desperately to reach the shopkeeper. I got tired of this silliness, as I was making little net progress. Thus, I decided to try out my Helm of Telportation. Having completely forgotten about the unpaid Ring of Weakness in my inventory, I said to myself "Let's try teleporting behind the priestess, so that I can shoot her and kill her!"

Of course, by doing so, I had robbed the store. I was completely oblivious as to why there were so many thugs around, a monster I had never seen until this moment. As I hacked through them on my way back to the shop, the shopkeeper came out, attacked, and killed me! I was completely surprised by this at first. Then, as I was looking through my inventory after death, I saw the Ring of Weakness I had forgotten about, and it all made sense. This was easily the most stupid death I have ever had.

sgeos
03-16-2009, 01:59 AM
...don't do that again?