PDA

View Full Version : Irdc 2009

Grey
09-29-2009, 01:58 PM
This November the second International Roguelike Development Conference will be held in Geneva. Last year's Berlin conference was quite interesting (at least from the videos and such I saw of it), and hopefully this year's will be just as good. There will be presentations by Jeff Lait (developer of POWDER and many fantastic 7DRLs), Johanna Ploog (one of the Crawl developers), and Mario Lassnig. There will also be detailed talks on various elements of roguelike design and development. Though focussed around development regular players are invited to attend too.

The conference is from 6th-8th November at the CERN site in Geneva. A conference room with a projector has been booked for the talk, and hostel rooms have been reserved for guests. I'll be attending myself (representing Gruesome of course), and if any of you are in the area you should try and come along. Maybe we can try to encourage TB to attend... More details can be found here (http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=IRDC_2009).

fazisi
09-30-2009, 01:15 AM
The new Postcard quest: send TB to conventions by mailing him airline tickets and hotel reservations!

Hope you have fun Grey and take pictures.
________
Amateur Tubes (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/1/amateur/videos/1)

adom-admin
10-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Oh yes, please do this ;-)

But seriously... I need to keep myself updated on that... it might be a lot of fun to visit such a conference :-)

Grey
10-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Well I can see flights online from Berlin for 70 Euro return, and accommodation is 38 Euro per night with the arranged hotel. You might find cheaper flights or train travel, and I've heard there are cheaper hostels too. Most people are staying for 2 nights, but a few are staying a little longer. One of the guys that lives there and is involved in CERN has promised to give us a tour of the facilities too - will be rather exciting during the build-up to switch on the LHC. If you're free that weekend and are able to make it down then you would be most welcome. Perhaps you could demonstrate some JADE code, or give a talk of some kind? If you want to attend let me know and I can get you on the accommodation list.

Epythic
10-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Perhaps you could demonstrate some JADE code, or give a talk of some kind?

Now that would be cool. There will be video recordings again this year, right? (Too bad I wont be able to come...)

Grey
10-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Video recordings will be taken and put online after the event as far as I know. There was talk of having live feeds and doing a simultaneous event in America, but the Yanks haven't managed to settle on a location yet so I imagine that's going to fall through.