PDA

View Full Version : YASP - Promishing bard - UL 5

speciesxx
09-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Damn, so close to 1st win, then found an emperor Lich. 1 shotted me with some death spell.
SIGH! :(. I really thought i had it covered this time omg. Had 4 orbs. Really sad now.

Had like all skills i needed, 1 RoDS left, nice artifacts. And then 1 shotted.

But i learned something again ^^.

JellySlayer
10-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Emperor liches are one of the only really nasty high-level monsters (the others being dopple kings, greater titans, and maybe greater molochs). To fight them, you need death ray resistance (you can get an amulet, or some artifacts like sword of nonnak, mummy wrapping, bracers of war will carry it). Confusion resistance and ball spells to deal with summons is nice too. A tension room of emperor liches is one of the nastiest things you're likely to experience in the game.

It's pretty bad luck that you ran into one just wandering around :(... they're normally very rare outside of greater undead vaults.

speciesxx
10-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Can they still kill you with some resist on, or will they do damage instead in that case?
Otherwise they are damn damn damn dangerous :O.

Pumpernickel
10-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Can they still kill you with some resist on, or will they do damage instead in that case?
Otherwise they are damn damn damn dangerous :O.

To be snippy: with resist on, they can kill you through damage.

Without resist, you'll be insta-killed ("extinguished") regardless of your hitpoint rating. With resist, the instadeath will never happen, but you'll suffer hitpoint damage, and good amounts of it; usually well over 100 hp per shot.

speciesxx
10-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Ok, thanks for that info. I will surely put some resist on next time. Kinda forgot when i swapped the mummy arti for some -1 +13 armor.

vogonpoet
10-01-2009, 10:10 AM
If its been said once its been said a thousand times, the mummy wrapping is incredibly (over)powered.

speciesxx
10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
My next character will wish for some superglue and attach it to his skin permanently, trust me :D.