PDA

View Full Version : grey elf wizard wins

New Heresy
10-05-2009, 06:59 AM
really so easy that they shouldn't be allowed

I won't take the time to post shit about my wins; but My first win was with a grey elven wizard. That was about 6 weeks ago since then I have had 7 more wins with ge wizards I think my mistake was ever trying with anything not ge wizard. So someday I might post a true victory thread with one hundred ge wizards in a hi score file. For now I don't really post anything. My wife makes me do something every 10 minutes so every game has about 2000 saves which makes it look like a scummed win. still don't have a ultra ending or an archmage I guess I just don't have the patience. Mister Biskup really needs to spend another 100 hours on this game. I'd give my 50 bucks if he would (my wife would divorce me but god help me I would).

DumbleDoor
10-05-2009, 07:30 PM
GElven=Not as much fun.

almack9
10-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Meh, I cant manage to get anywhere with melee characters. I suffer from "I dont know when to run." its a terrible disease.

fazisi
10-05-2009, 11:22 PM
The natural answer is to the < but if you can't seem to break the caster routine, try an archer or one of the semi-ranged classes. Maybe try a paladin so you can be part melee and part caster so you can use spells when you aren't certain of your melee superiority over a certain monster.
________
Hawaii dispensary (http://hawaii.dispensaries.org/)

gut
10-06-2009, 04:31 AM
> GElven=Not as much fun.

If getting 3 precrowns is your idea of fun, then you're right.

DumbleDoor
10-06-2009, 08:28 PM
> GElven=Not as much fun.

If getting 3 precrowns is your idea of fun, then you're right.
Is this making fun of me? Anyway, I only like to go for 1 precrown. Are you saying elven wizards are fun?

almack9
10-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Is this making fun of me? Anyway, I only like to go for 1 precrown. Are you saying elven wizards are fun?

Once you get them past the "I might get one hit by a stone block" Phase, they are indeed quite fun.

DumbleDoor
10-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Oh, they still are fun, just not as much as barbarians and bards!!!!!! AHEM. I don't not like them because of early game survival, it is because of how low the excitment is- with melee classes you always have excitment of good weapons/armor, but with a wizard, your excitment is for books.

sorear
10-07-2009, 01:46 AM
I like farmers and thieves and merchants and mindcrafters
and stuff like that. It's only fun if I don't know if I'll
succeed... and my mindcrafter win rate is getting
unpleasantly close to 100%, I might need to move on to
harder stuff soon.

moomoo
10-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I like farmers and thieves and merchants and mindcrafters
and stuff like that. It's only fun if I don't know if I'll
succeed... and my mindcrafter win rate is getting
unpleasantly close to 100%, I might need to move on to
harder stuff soon.

I've never had a decent mindcrafter who used mindcrafting. I allways end up bashing stuff in melee.. Teach me !

DumbleDoor
10-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Use mindcraft. /end

Pumpernickel
10-10-2009, 10:20 PM
I've never had a decent mindcrafter who used mindcrafting. I allways end up bashing stuff in melee.. Teach me !

If you want to use mindcraft _instead_ of melee, play a mindcrafter in ToME. Lots of fun can be had, if you're not averse to the very different approach of Angband-derivatives.

In ADoM ... well, don't expect too much. An ADOM mindcrafter _is_ a melee fighter with a few mental tricks.
Confuse them so you can safely bash them; use Eyes of the Mind to find where bash-worthy stuff lurks. Use Mental Shield for an added measure of safety when bashing them.

In the early game, mind blast is moderately useful as somewhat weak ranged attack, at high levels, Greater Telekinetic Blast can take out single high-priority targets. But most of your foes will fall to melee and physical missiles, unless you're playing some sort of challenge game.

DumbleDoor
10-15-2009, 01:26 AM
I know.
Gray elven wizard archer...
50% win chance.

BlkDucky
10-26-2009, 02:08 PM
I know.
Gray elven wizard archer...
50% win chance.

Not in my case. I seem to mistake wizards for a melee class, that and I have the worst luck with magic classes for some reason... :mad: