PDA

View Full Version : Out of Depth summoned monsters

zeteginara
10-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Was in level 2 of the unremarkable dungeon. Suddenly, in the same turn, a black wizard steps into my line of sight and summons a bunch of fire drakes. BAM 35 to -20 in one turn.

sorear
10-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Since when are fire drakes out of depth on UD:2? Dangerous,
sure, but that's not quite the same thing...

pblack
10-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Was in level 2 of the unremarkable dungeon. Suddenly, in the same turn, a black wizard steps into my line of sight and summons a bunch of fire drakes. BAM 35 to -20 in one turn.

REally not out of depth.

If you are "lucky" you might even run into dark elven priestess un the UD. That's still not out of depth and WAY more dangerous than fire drakes =P

zeteginara
10-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Let me rephrase that. *A* fire drake is hard, but not out of depth. SEVERAL, however, are. Never found a dark elven princess down there, though.

pblack
10-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Let me rephrase that. *A* fire drake is hard, but not out of depth. SEVERAL, however, are. Never found a dark elven princess down there, though.

but the concept of "out of depth" doesn't take into account the amount of monsters of the same type you find =P. And if you are talking about black wizards... consider yourself lucky he didn't summon 10 ogre magi or something like that.

Panda_Lord
10-07-2009, 01:59 AM
I hate Black Wizards.

I once had one summon a group of Rust Monters, followed by Cave Lions, followed by Lightning Vortices.

pblack
10-07-2009, 02:27 AM
I hate Black Wizards.

I once had one summon a group of Rust Monters, followed by Cave Lions, followed by Lightning Vortices.

today I had one summoning dark elven wizards and dark sages... it was like a black magic convention.

Jouni
10-07-2009, 04:52 PM
And I once had a quite large room filled with black wizards on some level of CoC (room size was 5x11, IIRC).

Clearing that room was like clearing a self-filling random monster room :p.
Didn't check how many monsters were killed during that fight, but I'm pretty sure my kill count was increased by some hundreds.

almack9
10-07-2009, 06:10 PM
And I once had a quite large room filled with black wizards on some level of CoC (room size was 5x11, IIRC).

Clearing that room was like clearing a self-filling random monster room :p.
Didn't check how many monsters were killed during that fight, but I'm pretty sure my kill count was increased by some hundreds.

On my winning character there was a room with dark elven priestess. After that I was afraid anytime a spider walked near me. lol