PDA

View Full Version : Death ray death

DumbleDoor
10-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Well, I had a nice level 15 high elf archer, with a wand of far slaying. She had about 100 pp, which was a lot, and I had found a potion shop which and contained about 3 potions of gain attributes, 1 potion of cure corruption, and other potions which were good. Me, being impatient, shot the shopkeeper from afar and killed him with my arrows. Then, to kill the thugs, I decided to zap that wand of far slaying, and putting 100 pp in it. Too bad it bounced :(

Sadface
10-12-2009, 11:36 AM
A better way to say "far slaying" is "very long range magic missile
that you can make bigger"; it won't instantly slay everything.
Pretty sure only Wands of Death and Wands of Wonder can do
that. There's an interesting way to kill the AKW involving a wand
of far slaying, lots of PP's, and an AoLS.

JellySlayer
10-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Wand of far slaying with lots of PP are very tricky to use properly without killing yourself. The main use for the wands is that if you fire it at 1 PP, you can awaken very distant monsters (eg. orb guardians) from a safer location, and even if it bounces, at 1 PP the damage is minimal.

I wouldn't risk putting 100 PP in unless I was wearing an AoLS or are in the Wilderness. The chances of it coming back to you are just too great.

zeteginara
10-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Hahaha. This post inspired me to start a new character, make my PP the most AdomBot could give me (100,000,000), and make my HP 1.

I generated a blessed wand of far slaying, went to the first hallway I could in the ID, and cast it against a wall.

After several hours of bouncing, and what I assume must have been agonizing pain beyond imagination for the PC (You don't die until it stops), my HP ended up at -699,993,474.