PDA

View Full Version : Titans aren't joking

pblack
10-18-2009, 04:29 AM
Oh man... this one gets the most depressing death title...

Gnome Assassin, after several drakeling attempts failing in the early mid game (the plan was getting the AotME) i decided to go gnomish to replace music with ventriloquism (also, cats were not to be killed for the extra criticals from the AotME). It worked. The first one got lucky and generated a greater moloch on DH: 1 along with recently aquired blessed demon slayers. This got me from lvl 18 to 21.

7LB's made coming and going a lot easier and faster. I should also mention that a sequence of tension rooms and vaults in altar containing levels gave me 2 precrowns while i was traveling to DT. Scroched spear and long sting, great fodders for my ultra.

The ACW dropped Skullcrusher along with the orb =D.

At level 25 i got the AotME. The maze was really easy imo.

D: 20-something had an undead greater vault wich i just cleared on the outside. The artifact was wyrmlance.

Dived down, got the kitty ring, and now i planned on doing the temples while L+ for lessened corruption so that later i could go C- and go for UCG (khelly saved with RoDS from a rat in D: 8).

Giant greater vault gave me +5 St, BoW and Hammer of the gods. This guy was becoming MIGHTY (criticals away... BOW, Cat's Ring, AotME and 20% extra criticals from assassin class power)

All went well, mana temple was easy with poisoned humanoid slayers. the AotME is REALLY...REALLY awesome. I absolutely loved it.

I decided to get Needle in the BDC so that i could reach lvl 45 without having to go up to the surface and down again. This guy had 40 St w/o fire orb equipped. Pretty good for a gnome if you ask me.

In level 2 of the BDC a bunch of titans gathered close to the stairs. I just dragged them 2 by 2 with me and shot them with giant slayers. I had already gone from lvl 38 to 42 and there were enough titans to get me to 44 there. I started running low on arrows and soemtimes i would strike them with the axe. I had 600Hp but in the heat of the battle i let my HP drop to about 115 or so... a titan took me to -15 in one hit.

I couldn't even ask for more form this game. BoW was a huge extra and the hammer of the gods, if came earlier, could become my ranged weapon of choice for style points (another goal of mine...someday). This was one mean....mean gnome. I got overconfident with it. too bad since all i had to do was emperor moloch, filk, Keriax and i was good to go kill andy with poisoned humanoid slayers + para wand.

But at least i got it out of my system, to play someone weilding the AotME. I dunno why barbarians don't get it every game... it's truly an amazing weapon. I took down greater molochs in melee (taking some ~300 dmg in the process, but still) with it. Also I was lucky since i found an adamantium warhammer of penetration in the big room early on and by the time i found skullcrusher I was pretty good at clubs and hammers and that with basher line in beserk and 50+ PV could mean some serious ass whopping against balors and stuff like that. (weird how most demons fall to humanoid slaying weapons as well)

DumbleDoor
10-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Oh man... this one gets the most depressing death title...

Gnome Assassin, after several drakeling attempts failing in the early mid game (the plan was getting the AotME) i decided to go gnomish to replace music with ventriloquism (also, cats were not to be killed for the extra criticals from the AotME). It worked. The first one got lucky and generated a greater moloch on DH: 1 along with recently aquired blessed demon slayers. This got me from lvl 18 to 21.

7LB's made coming and going a lot easier and faster. I should also mention that a sequence of tension rooms and vaults in altar containing levels gave me 2 precrowns while i was traveling to DT. Scroched spear and long sting, great fodders for my ultra.

The ACW dropped Skullcrusher along with the orb =D.

At level 25 i got the AotME. The maze was really easy imo.

D: 20-something had an undead greater vault wich i just cleared on the outside. The artifact was wyrmlance.

Dived down, got the kitty ring, and now i planned on doing the temples while L+ for lessened corruption so that later i could go C- and go for UCG (khelly saved with RoDS from a rat in D: 8).

Giant greater vault gave me +5 St, BoW and Hammer of the gods. This guy was becoming MIGHTY (criticals away... BOW, Cat's Ring, AotME and 20% extra criticals from assassin class power)

All went well, mana temple was easy with poisoned humanoid slayers. the AotME is REALLY...REALLY awesome. I absolutely loved it.

I decided to get Needle in the BDC so that i could reach lvl 45 without having to go up to the surface and down again. This guy had 40 St w/o fire orb equipped. Pretty good for a gnome if you ask me.

In level 2 of the BDC a bunch of titans gathered close to the stairs. I just dragged them 2 by 2 with me and shot them with giant slayers. I had already gone from lvl 38 to 42 and there were enough titans to get me to 44 there. I started running low on arrows and soemtimes i would strike them with the axe. I had 600Hp but in the heat of the battle i let my HP drop to about 115 or so... a titan took me to -15 in one hit.

I couldn't even ask for more form this game. BoW was a huge extra and the hammer of the gods, if came earlier, could become my ranged weapon of choice for style points (another goal of mine...someday). This was one mean....mean gnome. I got overconfident with it. too bad since all i had to do was emperor moloch, filk, Keriax and i was good to go kill andy with poisoned humanoid slayers + para wand.

But at least i got it out of my system, to play someone weilding the AotME. I dunno why barbarians don't get it every game... it's truly an amazing weapon. I took down greater molochs in melee (taking some ~300 dmg in the process, but still) with it. Also I was lucky since i found an adamantium warhammer of penetration in the big room early on and by the time i found skullcrusher I was pretty good at clubs and hammers and that with basher line in beserk and 50+ PV could mean some serious ass whopping against balors and stuff like that. (weird how most demons fall to humanoid slaying weapons as well)
Overconfidence=carlessness
SHOULD HAVE PRAYED
AND YES I QUOTE THE FIRST POST EVEN THOUGH I AM THE ONLY ONE POSTING!!!!

Sadface
10-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Could have smithed too, that way Dumbledoor would have two
things to rage about.

tapi
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Smithing = for beginner level players. You can get 60+ pv easy without it anyways so it's same as using ring of weakness to bump up stats :)

Sadface
10-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Smithing = for beginner level players. You can get 60+ pv easy without it anyways so it's same as using ring of weakness to bump up stats :)

I fail to see how the two are related, as far as saying they are
"the same". 99 in every stat is quite different than having 7 more
PV than normal.

tapi
10-18-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm talking about guys having atleast +8 - +10 pv modifiers in every possible item. Even at 60 pv the critters of earth temple can hardly get damage through, for example.

Sadface
10-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Ahh, okay. Yeah, that is a bit closer in overall power ;)

fazisi
10-19-2009, 08:18 PM
None of the above is relevant. All you needed to do was cast Darkness and you could have meleed those titans to your hearts content.

gut
10-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Or at least until they panic ; )

zasvid
10-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Due to somewhat frequent encounters with titan rooms I discovered what's the best thing to take them out somewhat safely in melee - Stun Ray! So next time you see a pack of titans, get those wands of stunning out and have some fun.

pblack
10-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Or at least until they panic ; )

fact that i didn't know they didn't see in the dark, but it is true. If i have giant slayers i'm willing to take eternium quarrels up my .... nose.... than risk a critical hitting packied titan =P