PDA

View Full Version : Super Fast Character

Solitude
10-19-2009, 11:33 PM
To build the fastest chara, you would in theory:?
so far this is what i have
i have been very intrigued in this idea lately
drakish monk
sign raven
talents quick very quick greased lightning
7LB
maybe black torc?
the arena sword that gives 7+speed
bracers of speed

JellySlayer
10-19-2009, 11:42 PM
I think the fastest pure speed would be:

Monk (+25)
99 Dx (+22 I think?)
Raven-born (+10)
Talents (+9)
Corruption (+20)
Equipment would need to be:
Crown of Chaos (+10)
Black torc (+10)
Nature's Companion (+15)
True Strength (+15)
RoTMC (+16)
Ring of Speed (+5)
Quicksilver staff (+20)
Bracers of speed (+4)
Boots of Great Speed (+30)

Total speed = 100+ 211 = 311; however, True Strength and Crown of Chaos are essentially mutually exclusive, so sacrificing the former brings you to 296. Uh, you're also doomed and cursed by multiple pieces of gear and will be corrupted at a frightful rate.

You could also just eat a boatload of bug/quickling corpses or down a bucket of quickling blood.

[edit]Fixed math

Soirana
10-19-2009, 11:47 PM
lots of quickling blood.

If speaking about gear:
Crown of lightning
Torc
Nature's companion
True Strength [if you get it that is]
Quicksilver staff [beats anything even dual whips of snake]
Ring of master cat
Ring of speed
Gauntlets - no bonus
Bracers of speed
Boots of speed
[total +5+10+15+15+20+16+5+4+8=98]

Speedy corruption for extra +20

Ofcourse if you can deal with bad intrinsics and constant corruption crown and great speed boots have even higher bonus.

Soirana
10-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Total speed = 211; however, True Strength and Crown of Chaos are essentially mutually exclusive.

Not as long as you can live with squeezing each turn. IIRC, you could gte girdle, close gate and when obtain crown.

gut
10-20-2009, 09:36 AM
> To build the fastest chara, you would in theory:?

Roll a hurthling wizard, OK, maybe a few hurthling
wizards, as they aren't normally that good. He has
to start with a spellbook of invisibility. Clear
BUGWIL in about 1000 turns, pumping food pres like
mad. Exploit the corruption trap in the Pyramid,
repeat if you acquire a deadly one before the '1/10th
wieght' kind. Search the tree, gorge yourself until
you become too corrupted for comfort. Good luck
gaining exp. levels afterward : )

Grey
10-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Drakeling would be better for tree abuse - spitting lets you eat more (and they get food pres too of course). Also you could get even higher base speed score by entering the Tower :)

High dex adds to the total too - anyone know what the base speed of a Dx 99 char is?

gut
10-20-2009, 02:41 PM
>Drakeling would be better for tree abuse

Would need 2 specific corruptions instead of one.

pblack
10-20-2009, 02:48 PM
do this "challenge" with a troll and add that you can only leave the Drakalor chain at level 50. Restriction being that you should be always at the maximum speed possible, meaning, no boots of slow shuffle or the like and if you find an item that gives you speed, you should wear it unless you are already wearing another on in the same slot that gives you more speed (even if it gives you speed by means of boosting dexterity).

That should be "exciting" and not totally boring at all.

Closing the gate should be easy enough. After that, probably hanging around BDC is the next best thing for XP apart from killing AKW and Momma dragon.

A 200 speed troll... that should be what? 30 times slower advancing?

JellySlayer
10-20-2009, 05:09 PM
do this "challenge" with a troll and add that you can only leave the Drakalor chain at level 50. Restriction being that you should be always at the maximum speed possible, meaning, no boots of slow shuffle or the like and if you find an item that gives you speed, you should wear it unless you are already wearing another on in the same slot that gives you more speed (even if it gives you speed by means of boosting dexterity).

That should be "exciting" and not totally boring at all.

Closing the gate should be easy enough. After that, probably hanging around BDC is the next best thing for XP apart from killing AKW and Momma dragon.

A 200 speed troll... that should be what? 30 times slower advancing?

200 speed would drop your exp gains by 50%. So it would take 6x as long as normal. If I were doing this challenge, I'd probably be planning on doing some ring dipping. 19 wishes is more than enough to give you all the experience you need.

fazisi
10-21-2009, 10:55 PM
I want to see this done without closing the gate before level 50. How corrupted do you think that troll would be?

pblack
10-22-2009, 01:56 AM
I want to see this done without closing the gate before level 50. How corrupted do you think that troll would be?

the hardest part of it all is that you can't use slow monster on yourself =P

pblack
10-22-2009, 02:28 AM
200 speed would drop your exp gains by 50%. So it would take 6x as long as normal. If I were doing this challenge, I'd probably be planning on doing some ring dipping. 19 wishes is more than enough to give you all the experience you need.

add the restriction of using all wishes you get with speed and you are fucked hahaha

Twinge
10-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Probably the most effective way to raise your speed to unreasonable levels in a normal game is to gorge on bugs and get to about ~150, and then use slow monster to lower your speed while you continue to gorge on bugs some more, until you speed is around... probably 160 or so even when slowed (IIRC that is about the point the odds of an increase really go down to horrible levels). Slow Shuffle will let you push this even farther. This process will also raise your dex a fair bit, but if you want to push it even higher, use whatever variety of scummy tactic you prefer to get 99 Dex (say, ring of weakness getting Str to 99, and Exchanging it).

Note that bugs and quicklings both raise similarly, with bugs actually being more effective -- but I suppose to truly max it you'd get your Dex as low as possible and only eat quicklings instead of bugs (though of course that is going to be awkward with the corruption bonuses, and the bonuses from having lower dex to start aren't going to be huge, maybe 10-15 speed). Also, don't bother eating the royalty - they don't give significantly more speed and they lower your lifespan significantly.

Now, only after you have raised your natural speed up should you start wearing +speed equipment; wearing it while you're raising it gives it less room to raise comfortably. Also, ideally you don't take the +speed talents until you've already raised your natural in this way either (though have fun leveling to get 3 talents!). The appropriate corruption should of course also be avoided until you raise the base amount. Finally, go ahead and quaff any quickling blood you happen to have found by this point.

You can probably pull 400 speed pretty easily here without any wishes, cheating, or terribly extreme requirements.