PDA

View Full Version : My first Closer : Dudley The dark Elven Beastfighter

Dudley
11-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Well... pretty astonishing...
the adom guides had said it, but it's still pretty amazing, the amount of power a single beastfighter can have in his 2 fists.
First things first, for those aspiring to follow (or who had followed) this paths
The levels till level 6 are the hardest in you life as a beastfighter... (save if you're a trolll, but that's a different story) seriously, after, you beat the crap out of anything.
So ... remarkable things done in Dudley's life...
-The First dwarven quest... Steel Zombie.... => Darkforge... i killed each of those damned steel golems on at a time... it took time to find the zombie, but i managed...
-The animated forest... Guess what... for a beastfighter, THE ROLE PLAYING scenario : a named grizzly. in the middle of the trees. He fell like an apple from the trees... and "Preserver" came with him... *yay*
-LOTS OF ARTIFACT WEAPONS... precrowning gift : Wyrmlance... sold to the hmv, executor... soaker, moon sickle ect
-Crowning gift, the dirty cloak of oman, yet another Roleplay thingy...
-High king was easy, a cat was killed in the dark... but the master was easy too.
-Only GREAT problem was the chaos wyrm... all the other fell nicely... :s woorks nicely next to summoners, i actually cleared the mana temple...
-Greater undie vault, which i did after finishing the game... and the shield :"Protector" and the black tome were there... black tome which caused 2 corruptions....
-The blue dragons cave : done after finishing the game.... i did not find The goal monster easily... when i finished every W on the level i suddenly realised i already had killed him in 2 hits
(being crowned with immmunity to schock HELPS)
-And finally the goal in itself... Easy as a pie, using door creation/ monster creation...( yes that wand snatched in the bug infested dungeon is VERY useful) but i figured out that it was also easy with destruction... which i did

Oh by the way... i quitted the dakalor chain with a Yrruiu following me, with a female white unicorn ad a berserker prince...
First kill : red worms (not fair, 275 or so of them dead, couldn't do filk)

Dudley
11-03-2009, 07:51 AM
And nearly forgot the special thanks... Mostly thanks to gut (for all his contributions to andy william's guidebook)(which i thank also) And to Molach, for his perfect guide.

gut
11-03-2009, 08:05 AM
So the RNG threw you Preserver, then a bunch of melee
weapons. HA! I love this game : )

Dudley
11-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Bah, what are melee weapons when you've already got your fists :p

DumbleDoor
11-03-2009, 09:46 PM
So the RNG threw you Preserver, then a bunch of melee
weapons. HA! I love this game : )
"And gut's heart's ego swelled with pride..."
Good job. But that is why I prefer monks to beastfighters. All those weapons you could actually... USE?

Pumpernickel
11-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Good job. But that is why I prefer monks to beastfighters. All those weapons you could actually... USE?

Hey, you can use weapons with beastfighters. It's just a lot more work than it's worth. And i mean a _LOT_. A truly stupefying challenge game, but probably doable if you don't insist on all melee, all the time (good luck getting rid of ACW and Archmage in that case).

I still like beasties. If you're too annoyed with finding awesome weapons, just play Barbarians until you got that weapon-worshipping out of your system and just casually shrug when your beastfighter finds Serpent's Bite and Purifier and a two-handed eternium sword of penetration.

gut
11-04-2009, 02:34 AM
> gut's heart's ego

I didn't know that guts had hearts, or that hearts had egos.
Well, I suppose that between guts, hearts, and egos, if one
HAS to swell, I would prefer it be the ego.

Dudley
11-04-2009, 02:36 AM
nO WaY !
YoU CAn actuALy Do moRE daMAgE wITh THaT fIsT oF YoURs ThAN wItH ThOSe StUPId ArtIfACTs!
AnD I DiD cOmPAre!

DumbleDoor
11-04-2009, 08:00 PM
> gut's heart's ego

I didn't know that guts had hearts, or that hearts had egos.
Well, I suppose that between guts, hearts, and egos, if one
HAS to swell, I would prefer it be the ego.
Gut's don't have hearts... Grey could use that in his ever lasting (1 word?) argument against you... or your argument against him.

Don't heed my words.
Heed my words.

fazisi
11-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Beastfighters finding artifact weapons have several uses for them. Selling them for gold, saccing them for piety and feeding them to demented ratling all come to mind.

Dudley
11-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Collecting :p