PDA

View Full Version : Bah

Dudley
11-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Come On. i FinAlly understood why these rings of the fish don't give water breathing, when you insight yourself. It's because they don't. Try a giant dragon turtle one day.

Silfir
11-15-2009, 08:32 PM
To be fair, water breathing doesn't protect you from giant dragon turtles either. The only things that can protect you are

a) A very high HP score (above 400)
b) Teleport.

So even if you'd had an amulet of water breathing, it would still have been a mistake to fight a giant dragon turtle.

Dudley
11-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Wait. Water breathing doesn't put the breath attack dmg down?

Grey
11-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Water breathing only lets you breathe underwater, it won't protect you from the force of an underwater breath attack. However invisibility can help, and darkness can make you rather immune. Also, not venturing into dangerous locations with underpowered PCs can further survivability.

Silfir
11-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Imagine the water breath attack as dealing impact damage, not drowning damage. Contrary to cold or fire attacks, which are probably basically air in state of extreme temperature, and acid breath, which is presumably an acidic aerosol of some kind, water breath is actual water expulsed at a high degree of force. Water has mass, so it can be used as a projectile.

gut
11-17-2009, 05:15 AM
This is actually a matter of debate. I tested once using
multiple sources of water breathing, and I believe others
have as well. My conclusion was that it reduced damage.
I have heard others report >300 damage from the momma
dragon's water breath in the past. I never got anything like
that when wearing multiple sources of water breathing.

pblack
11-18-2009, 06:34 PM
multiple woudl be what? helmet and amulet + intrinsic + TotRR? i think that's the most anyone can get.

Anyway, i always have just 1 source and even then i don't recall 300+ dmg from its breath. I normally die to it's multiple attacks instead =P

gut
11-19-2009, 05:39 AM
> i always have just 1 source and even then i don't recall 300+ dmg

That's what I'm saying : )
Of course it's possible I was remembering posts where the
momma did panic and fly into a blind rage or something,
but I think it was a normal attack, with no Wbreth.

Sadface
11-19-2009, 11:23 AM
I quite liked the "death message" someone whipped up for dying due
to your lungs erupting and your skull shattering into millions of fragments
and being shot out of your body as it tries to normalize pressure or
something. Pretty sure it had to do with a low-HP PC being hit by
a dragon turtle's water breath attack.

Uhm...I don't think I've ever noticed how much damage momma's water
breath attack does, because I've always been too paranoid to fight her :rolleyes:

Silfir
11-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I know vogonpoet wrote that, I just don't remember where.

Truth be told, I have no clue what the upper limit for giant dragon turtle water breath with or without water breathing is. If this is due to paranoia, I have a hard time viewing it as bad paranoia.

fazisi
11-19-2009, 10:25 PM
I've killed the water mama once on my UCGE orc beastfighter at level 33. Didn't notice the damage too much since by that point I was just plain overpowered.