PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to learn using Darkness?

_Ln_
11-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Jesus, I've just got my 25lvl bard pwned by a werewolf king.. Who the hell are these guys? They fight like freaking eternal guardians, except the fact, that EG punches through armor, hitting hard and werewolf kings just hit the same with armor...

I got 25lvl just in the Air Temple, killing Yulgash and was gald to see Find Weakness as one of 25 lvl surprises (which meant that my 3 RoDS from a greater vault of giants, which gave me Serpent's Bite, will go for Concentration and some stuff and not for Find Weakness, Concentration and stuff - why have I died?!)..
Before Summoner died he had called 2 werewolf kings. One of them was killed in 3 or 4 rouns without problems (Trusted One in right hand, Serpent's Bite in left one). And I was leaving the bloody temple, when I notice the second one following me. "Hey, I just don't like you" - I thought and hit him. 1 turn, I'm 60 of my 300 hp. So I use Water Orb and start running. 2 turns and I'm again 60. I use again and run. I'm 180/300, I continue running and next turn I'm dead. Huh?! WTF was that?..

Now, thinking about that, I've just remembered having Darkness spell and even Petrify (not sure this one would work).. Oh well...

Solitude
11-21-2009, 08:18 PM
brutal. I've encountered werewolf lords and had them be a real PITA before, so I can only imagine a werewolf king :<

saladman
11-21-2009, 08:40 PM
How about a means of teleportation?

pblack
11-22-2009, 03:13 AM
How about a means of teleportation?

he was at the temple...air temple. no tele there. And he had already killed one and went willingly to the slaughter of the second =P

yeah W kings are real real dangerous. I just face them at high (HIGH) levels or with bolt magic using its summons as meat shield.

warheart
11-22-2009, 07:10 AM
Why didn't you just equip 7lb's and run?

Silfir
11-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Werewolf kings are nasty. They are on my personal lists of monsters that do not get fair fights from me if I have a choice.

_Ln_
11-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Why didn't you just equip 7lb's and run?

My pretty 7LB were in a giant pile of items near the staircase, since there are no shockproof blankets :(

vogonpoet
11-23-2009, 12:42 PM
THis is why I hate the air temple. All my nice gear is on the staircase of the level above, the summoner is a complete cake walk, and every now and then he summons some piece of shit full on genuine badass monsters (would definitely put werewolf king in my top 10 most hated summons) to go rape your ass.

Captain Platypus
11-26-2009, 02:37 AM
Damn, that's rough. How would you even avoid this? Bring a blessed potion of boost speed along for escapes to your gear if necessary?

gut
11-26-2009, 08:00 AM
Worst I ever got from him was ancient karmic dragons, and I
was a monk. A doomed monk.

Dudley
11-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Beastfighter style. Swap, Swap, Swap, Hi, kill, take orb, And he doesn't have time to summon something hard. The hardest i ever got from him was orc chieftains.

Captain Platypus
11-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Beastfighter style. Swap, Swap, Swap, Hi, kill, take orb, And he doesn't have time to summon something hard. The hardest i ever got from him was orc chieftains.You make it to level 32 before you do the air temple? Shit, I'm rarely at level 25.

Dudley
11-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I rarely do the air temple when i see it. Beastfighter have a hard time there without swapping. MUCH BETTER to go till earth temple and become 32 there by UBER experience, then doing the air. :p
Beastfighter truly need all experieence they can. I always do the rift for them. Cavernous level is good too.