PDA

View Full Version : So close...

agatharchides
11-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, I got a gnome monk to level 50 and down to the last level of Coc. I was pretty hyped since it was my first character over level 26. I had executor and was polishing off the masses of primal chaos without too much trouble, but I backed into what turned out to be a tension room and it had a karmic dragon. I was too quick on the attack keys and boffed it a good one, so I got apparently got. Of course, there was a dark room and guess what got me about halfway across? I stepped into the fangs of a grue and got instakilled. :P This game is utterly sadistic. :P

Dudley
11-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Have scrolls of luck on you. Always.

ragface
11-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Well, I got a gnome monk to level 50 and down to the last level of Coc. I was pretty hyped since it was my first character over level 26. I had executor and was polishing off the masses of primal chaos without too much trouble, but I backed into what turned out to be a tension room and it had a karmic dragon. I was too quick on the attack keys and boffed it a good one, so I got apparently got. Of course, there was a dark room and guess what got me about halfway across? I stepped into the fangs of a grue and got instakilled. :P This game is utterly sadistic. :P

Noway that sucks. on d50. Sorry for your loss man.

Did you get cursed or cursed+doom?

zasvid
11-24-2009, 11:39 AM
I feel your pain. Before I won for the first time, I've lost two characters (and my only two that got past ToEF by that point) on D:50.

agatharchides
11-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Noway that sucks. on d50. Sorry for your loss man.

Did you get cursed or cursed+doom?

I had executor in my hand, so I was already cursed. :P It doomed me too. :P Ah well, I think this time I'll try a hurthling. Melee sucks against the boss in the mana temple, maybe I can get more good out of archery than gemology.