PDA

View Full Version : weapon balance

ragface
03-26-2009, 12:21 PM
The last thread was posted without thinking it through. it was shit.

Now the same "base Idea" but a bit more thought through and has some ideas from the posters in the last thread:

Let me start by stating that the idea is to get weapons more balanced. With this however I don't mean all weapons should be as good or deal the same amount of damage..

for example: twohanded weapons will deal more damage than a dagger.

so here's the concept:

- some classes could have different pros/cons with different weapons AND
- some weaons should have different "attributes(swords make you bleed and maces stuns you)"
- there would be normal/bad/critical hits. and bad misses also
- a 1200 stones weapon would not be as fast as a 7s dagger..
- heavy weapons would have a strength requirement(otherwise penalties to hit & dam)

e.g.
A barbarian with 30 strength would have no problem using an 600s mace, and a critical hit could stun the enemy. And a bad miss would cost 200energy extra

I will probably continue this post when I have more time..

sgeos
03-26-2009, 01:11 PM
It seems like you could generalize most of these rules using ratios and formula. It would be a fair bit of work, but then adding new things would relatively simple. So long as the formula pull "variables" from specific weapons, customization should be relatively simple.

ragface
03-26-2009, 01:41 PM
It seems like you could generalize most of these rules using ratios and formula. It would be a fair bit of work, but then adding new things would relatively simple. So long as the formula pull "variables" from specific weapons, customization should be relatively simple.
yeah I think Biscup noticed the agony in updating adom, so he is making JADE more "expandable and updateable" even tough that's not a word..

sgeos
03-26-2009, 03:18 PM
He is investing in an architecture that will allow easy updates later.