PDA

View Full Version : Getting fire resistance.....

rmcin329
03-20-2008, 04:55 PM
I already have some items that grant fire resistanace but still not enough for the ToEF. I need to get it from a pool or corpse, and honestly i dont' really care for playing around with pools. However i'm not sure which corpse(s) i can get fire resistance out of, do any of you know? I've tried both fire lizard and fire beetle corpses(haven't found other fire related corpses yet) to no avail.

Kato
03-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Fire Beetle corpses are the only ones I know of. Keep eating them. They are just hard to come by.

Dougy
03-20-2008, 08:47 PM
I was going to offer some advice here, but after re-reading the guidebook, it seems that obtaining fire resistance from corpses has changed since last time I checked? Is that right?

rmcin329
03-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Couldn't tell ya, but i can tell ya that fire beetle corpses haven't ever given me fire resistance yet. I know as much thanks to blessed insight pots from Thrundrarr quests(he gave me 7 of em). Maybe i'll go hunt red dragons in the mtns and try to get a corpse of theirs, that should do it. Problem is every mtn square traveled eats 50-60min in game time with blessed seven league boots even. Talk about a waste, they're the worst to travel on, and i dodge it much as i can. Worse then that, red dragons can take an eternity to find too.

Kato
03-20-2008, 11:06 PM
There character I'm playing with ate a fire beetle corpse and I got the message that I feel hot or whatever it is :D

rmcin329
03-20-2008, 11:07 PM
yeah so did i. Then i drank a blessed pot of insight and found i still didn't have fire resistance.

Kato
03-20-2008, 11:10 PM
OH..wow. I didn't check as I had no means to check when I did it. And I've long since got a bunch of items that do it for me. I'll have to check it next time I can though.

borutaman
03-21-2008, 12:08 AM
after eating a fire beetle corpse you can wear a RoTH ( which gives FireRes too ), then cover it with elemental gauntlets (unable to destroy, give fire Res as well) and You're free to charge the ToEF ( at this point You have 3 level fire resist (after eating a fire beetle its just 1st lv)

Grey
03-21-2008, 02:23 AM
A fire beetle or lizard corpse will not grant you the resistance if you are already wearing some items that gives you the resistance. Fire drakes and dragons will always give the resistance.

Instead of hunting in the wilderness, why not look in the tower? They're a lot more frequent in there, and you can survive the heat damage temporarily (RotHK, fire resistance ring, elemental gauntlets and 1 other item gives full resistance even).

Baranor
03-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Fire Beetles and Fire Lizards don't always grant resistances. There is some chance of receiving the attribute. It's pretty low for Beetles, about 50-50 for Lizards and greater creatures will always give it.

BowenTheKotoc
03-21-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure if you get the "You feel hot" message, that means you did, in fact, get the resistance.

Grey
03-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Actually I think it's the message "This stuff cools you down" that implies success.