PDA

View Full Version : This has to the dumbest death ever

agatharchides
12-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Well, I was going through the minotaur maze as my elven priest and was casting magic map, teleport etc. I finally found the down stairway and was going to teleport there, but apparently I hit the wrong key, because the next this I see is that I drained my life away with an energy ray. :mad: Apparently I hit G instead of F and was casting death ray, not teleport on myself. Gah. And I thought it was annoying when a typo made me kill a cat. :p

Jack the Ripper
12-15-2009, 01:53 AM
Well, I was going through the minotaur maze as my elven priest and was casting magic map, teleport etc. I finally found the down stairway and was going to teleport there, but apparently I hit the wrong key, because the next this I see is that I drained my life away with an energy ray. :mad: Apparently I hit G instead of F and was casting death ray, not teleport on myself. Gah. And I thought it was annoying when a typo made me kill a cat. :p

The number of people who've accidentally magic-missiled or death ray-ed themselves is rather large, actually. I'm not really one of them, but that's because I don't like spellcasters, for some reason.

warheart
12-15-2009, 08:56 PM
I've also deathrayed myself without resistance. On a missclick too, I pressed 6 instead of 3. Shit happens, better luck next time :D

The Metro Gnome
12-15-2009, 10:33 PM
I hate it when that happens! That's why I bind my number keys so Healing spells and Magic Map are closer to teleport :p

Pumpernickel
12-26-2009, 12:15 AM
I've also deathrayed myself without resistance. On a missclick too, I pressed 6 instead of 3. Shit happens, better luck next time :D

I've blasted myself by giving a bad direction for a ray attack a few times, but not yet fatally. The only true death by miscast was a wand of ball lightning.

And i bounced a bunch of deathrays at an unresisting character for laughs, but that was The Char That Wouldn't Die - a lvl 50 Necro with +10 To in equipment.

Grey
12-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Death rays cast by yourself will not kill you - you simply get a message about having cold feet. Bouncing death rays from a wand of death will do the trick though.

warheart
12-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Death rays cast by yourself will not kill you - you simply get a message about having cold feet. Bouncing death rays from a wand of death will do the trick though.

Not true, I've killed myself with a bouncing casted death ray.

modular
12-26-2009, 12:49 PM
My wizards have died by a bouncing death ray, bouncing lightning bolts, bouncing magic missiles, and last but not least by accidentally casting wish instead of teleport (do you *really* want to exhaust yourself casting this spell Y/N?).

Wands of death are incredibly useful though. One potion of booze can kill allot of dragons.

Songfugel
06-04-2010, 04:45 PM
This seemed to happen to me a lot in the past (before starting to use the number shortcuts) specially after learning a new spell and forgetting it also changes the lettering for other spells...

So a word of advice from someone who learned it the hard way: keep offensive, defensive and utility spells quick-marked, and grouped together =)... and I never quick-mark the rarely cast and potentially leathal (to yourself) spells anyway :P